Friday, August 16, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own five-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads





"There's a girl standing outside, and she has swords in her hands." And here, Katie says that she doesn't want to tell me the rest because it's bad, but I urge her on:  "I think she's going to kill a boy with the swords.  And there was a dragon breathing fire."












Cover Art

Crown of Midnight as envisioned by Katiebug

It may have made her uncomfortable to tell me what she thought of this one, but she still did an excellent job, both with the book's premise and the cover.  She spent more time on this one than she usually does. Wonder if she has any idea how much I loved this story and that's why?  :)  My review should be up next week.

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  

Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

9 comments:

  1. How cute that she didn't want to express a bad imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Is. FREAKING ADORABLE. Made me smile and I'll think back to it when someone annoys me because that is just too cute. She didn't want to say something because it would be bad and she took longer because she knew that you really liked it. I don't even know your kid and I wanna be around her and take her to get ice cream (not because I'm a pedo or anything, I just think kids should be awarded ice cream...or frozen yogurt if you're worried about obesity and stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and very accurate too. The cover designers should be awarded. Can't wait to read your review of CoM :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome feature! I absolutely love it. I really love her beautiful drawing. :) It's cool to find out what kids think of the books and how they would interpret the covers. I own Throne of Glass, though I still haven't read it. I really should read it soon-I've heard tons of rave reviews! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. I know I've told you that before. lol. I do plan on reading this one eventually. I loved Throne of Glass. Not sure when I'll get to it though. :/

    I thought of this feature the other day, Aubrey saw the cover of These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and asked if it was the little mermaid in space. lol.

    Katie does a great job on these covers! She is definitely ready for kindergarten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I think she is going to kill a boy with the swords! Well she probably is... I might scan this one from the library but I sadly didn't enjoy the first one. She drew a pretty badass picture though! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh. Did she not want to tell you what she thought it was about because she was scared, or thought you might be? SO thought-provoking, as always. :) One of my favorite memes in the blogosphere.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny that she was hesitant to tell the bad part. Very cute drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOAH. That drawing is so good! Like really good! And I love her thoughts and how she didn't want to say. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...