Wednesday, October 31, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title:  Everbound
Author:  Brodi Ashton
Series:  Everneath, book #2
Publisher:  Balzer + Bray
Publication Date:  January 22, 2013

Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.


Why I'm waiting:  After reading and loving Everneath, but especially after that shocking ending, I want this book yesterday.  I love retellings of the Persephone myth, but I think this series might just be my favorite because it pushes the boundaries a bit and branches off from the original story enough to stand on its own.  I'm very much a fan of Jack and the sacrifice he made for Nikki, but I'm also interested in Cole's intentions because I sense that there is good in him yet.

13 comments:

  1. I still need to read Everneath. I keep pushing it back. i see all kinds of good things about it, I just can't get to it for some reason.

    http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-36-and-www-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous. Now to actually read Everneath!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one a few times today! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I REALLY want this book, this was one of my WoWs a few months ago. Great pick!

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh new layout, so colorful! As for the book I still need to read the first one. This does look good though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT choice! I absolutely adored Everneath! And man, both of these covers are absolutely gorgeous. I hope Everbound is just as good as Everneath! :D

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of Everneath, but I am interested in finding out what happens next. Great pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I agree! I LOVED Everneath! :D I can't wait for this book.
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesomesauce choice! I really loved Everneath and I cannot wait for some more Cole.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read this series but it's definitely on my TBR.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also can't wait for this one! I want to know more about Cole. I was also really surprised by the ending of Everneath, but in a good way. I hoped all the time that Nikki wouldn't sacrifice herself but saw no way around it until shortly before it happened.
    Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my post yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cover is sooooooo pretty! I still need to read Everneath. Literally been on my shelf dusty since January! I know I'm ashamed of myself too ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...