Wednesday, October 10, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title:  The Beautiful and the Cursed
Author:  Page Morgan
Series:  The Dispossessed #1
Publisher:  Delacorte Press
Publication Date:  2013

Fans of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series and Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy will devour The Beautiful and the Cursed, a wholly original interpretation of gargoyle lore.

It was bizarre and inexplicable, but after it happened no one spoke of it and Ingrid Waverly was forced to leave her life in London behind. She had to trade a world full of fancy dresses and society events for Paris with her mother and younger sister, Gabby.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house her twin brother Grayson found for them isn't a house at all. It's an abbey. A creepy, old abbey with a roof lined in stone gargoyles that one could almost mistake for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson is missing.

Yet no one seems to be concerned about Grayson's whereabouts save for Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant who has some secrets of his own. There's one secret about the city that he can't keep hidden, though. There's a murderer on the loose. And every day Grayson is missing means that there's less of a chance he's alive.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn't dead--she can feel it deep in her soul--but she knows he's in grave danger, and that it's up to her and Gabby to find him before all hope is lost.

Only the path to him is twisted—and more deadly than she could ever imagine.


Why I'm waiting:  GARGOYLES!!!!  And that cover is gorgeous, although she does have a bit of a "woe is me" vibe going on.  Still.  This book sounds ah-mazing!  But gothic novels usually are, if you ask me.  :P  Also, the author profile on Goodreads makes me even more excited to read this novel.  I just love a well-researched, well-thought book on something that really intrigues me. 

But, gaaaaahhhh, why so far away!?!

15 comments:

  1. Nice pick! TB&tC dies sound like a great story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good. Its a new one for me. thanks for sharing. I do love the cover too. Goregeous colors! my wednesday... http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-35-and-www-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this book does sound ah-mazing!! Adding it to my pile!!


    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes yes!! This DOES sound incredibly amazing for all the reasons you stated. I to-tally agree!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this for the first time a few days ago. It looks awesome! Great pick!
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a gothic story, with the abbey and gargoyles and all! Definitely something I need to check out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dramatic and eye catching cover! I can't wait to see reviews on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny I went from not hearing about this book to seeing it 3x in a row. Still it sounds amazing so can you blame all the people waiting on it?!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! I love gargoyles and they seem to be the new thing. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! This sounds SO good! Awesome! It's going right on my TBR! Happy reading!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book is definitely going on my wishlist/TBR pile! The cover alone is just O.O and the book sounds great too. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just learned about this one and I must say gargoyle lore is something totally new and unique! Really curious about this one! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll probably read this after I read some reviews but the cover is gorgeous. I can't stop looking at it. I hope you like the book when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooo! Gargoyles!! That definitely has me intrigued! Great WoW pick, Jen :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...