Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #30: What Happens Next

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 with 7 comments
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  What Happens Next
Author:  Colleen Clayton
Series:  stand-alone
Publisher:  Poppy
Publication Date:  October 9, 2012
Source:  Southern Book Bloggers ARC Tour
Purchase:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble

How can you talk about something you can’t remember?

Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy “Sid” Murphy was a cheerleader (at the bottom of the pyramid, but still...), a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she’s thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid—including a lock of her perfect red curls—and she can’t remember any of it.

Back home and unable to relate to her old friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey “The Living Stoner” Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.

Witty and poignant, Colleen Clayton’s stunning debut is a story about moving on after the unthinkable happens.


My teaser:

"We are no longer Former Cheerleader Turned Gingerbitch Slut and Drug Dealer Turned AV Shop Rat.  Now, we are Sid and Corey, official human beings, guests at a farewell pastry party, breaking bread, and In This Together Now.  We are two people who actually have some things in common and could possibly even be (gak!) friends." -- p. 131 of ARC


I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to get my hands on this book.  I stalked the ARC tour page to see where it was headed next and when I was going to get it.  Sure, I could have bought my own copy by now, but the anticipation is undoubtedly going to be worth it.  I just know it.  =)  I already love what I've read.  It's a tough subject, but the writing is brills!

7 comments:

  1. Oooooo, love it!! I HAVE to get this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a good book! I definitely have to check it out. I love your blog. It's cute. And neat :)

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ones sounds really intriguing. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. My teasers this week are from The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski and Dangerous Affairs by Diana Miller. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so excite to read this book and your teaser just made even more excited. Great teaser, can't wait to see your review! my TT http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-31-and-top-ten-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely need to read this one ASAP! It sounds awesome :) Thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this waiting TBR! I like the quote you chose. I just saw Andrea's review, too, so I'm excited to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite books ever! Great teaser. I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...