So, we just listed our Winter TBR picks on last week's Top Ten Tuesday post, but this post is different because it features books that have a Christmas theme. It'll be smaller than our usual holiday-themed TBR post, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality. :D Without further ado, here are the holiday reads you can expect to see us picking up in the next couple of weeks to get into the spirit of the season.
I love this time of year and I always try and read Holiday themed stuff during the month of December. Life is busy so I kept my choices light. I think just about every one of these is short stories except for Dash & Lily, but that one is pretty short compared to other audio I've listened to. Here are my Holiday TBRs.
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors - I grabbed the galley of this a while back but could't bring myself to read it during the Halloween months.
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn - I'm currently listening to this one now on audible. It is freaking adorable. I love it.
On Christmas Hill by Nichole Chase - I won this one last year around Christmas time by commenting on a post. I wanted to get to it, but alas, I didn't. I will this year though!
Cross Country Christmas: A Woodfalls Girls Novella by Tiffany King - I really like this series by Tiffany King, so I grabbed this one last year when it went live. Didn't get around to it in time though, and I'm one of those people who cannot read Christmas stuff after my tree goes down.
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle - When I typed into google and goodreads, "good Holiday YA reads" This book came up first. So I grabbed the kindle edition so I can get to it! :)
I always, always re-listen to Dash & Lily's Book of Dares around this time of year, but I thought I'd read and/or listen to some other holiday-inspired stories to get me in the right frame of mind for all the shopping, eating and family time I'm about to enjoy. So, these are my holiday-themed picks:
(1) Mistletoe & Mr. Right by Lyla Payne - sounds adorable
(2) Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn - of course I have to relisten! =)
(3) Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle - on shelf for years, never read :(
(4) Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas - takes place in one day...and on Christmas Eve, no less
(5) My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors - so much awesome from so many favorites!
(6) Hear Me by Viv Daniels - loved her previous NA and her work as Diana Peterfreund, hoping for an unusual holiday tale from her with this story
What books do you enjoy reading around the holidays? Will you be picking up any of these, or do your prefer to get comfy with old favorites during this time of year?