Wednesday, December 10, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: Seeker
Author: Arwen Elys Dayton
Series: Seeker #1
Publisher: Delacorte BFYR
Publication Date: February 10th, 2015

Add to Goodreads
For readers of A Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games comes an epic new series.

The night Quin Kincaid takes her Oath, she will become what she has trained to be her entire life. She will become a Seeker. This is her legacy, and it is an honor. As a Seeker, Quin will fight beside her two closest companions, Shinobu and John, to protect the weak and the wronged. Together they will stand for light in a shadowy world. And she'll be with the boy she loves--who's also her best friend.

But the night Quin takes her Oath, everything changes. Being a Seeker is not what she thought. Her family is not what she thought. Even the boy she loves is not who she thought.

And now it's too late to walk away.
I just saw this one on NetGalley, and even though I'm backed up on reads, I grabbed it anyway because it sounds so freaking good. And that cover is gorgeous. The description had me with A Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games.. I think that can sometimes work against the reader, being compared to books like that, but we will see. I have a good feeling about Seeker.






's Pick:



Title: Last Year's Mistake
Author: Gina Ciocca
Series: n/a
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: June 9, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Before:
Kelsey and David became best friends the summer before freshman year and were inseparable ever after. Until the night a misunderstanding turned Kelsey into the school joke, and everything around her crumbled—including her friendship with David. So when Kelsey's parents decided to move away, she couldn't wait to start over and leave the past behind. Except, David wasn't ready to let her go...

After:
Now it's senior year and Kelsey has a new group of friends, genuine popularity, and a hot boyfriend. Her life is perfect. That is, until David's family moves to town and he shakes up everything. Soon old feelings bubble to the surface and threaten to destroy Kelsey's second chance at happiness. The more time she spends with David, the more she realizes she never truly let him go. And maybe she never wants to.

Told in alternating sections, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE is a charming and romantic debut about loving, leaving, and letting go.

I think I liked the original cover I'd seen for this book better, but it was only slightly different, so it's NBD, I guess. I just liked the kissing in the rain aspect. :) I love the idea of second chances at first love, but I know from experience that it doesn't usually work out so well. But this is fiction, so maybe a happy ending is a possibility here? Sounds cute, however it ends up...


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but I just added it to my TBR thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of these so badly.Great picks! Here's mine

    Also, I still have my $30 giveaway going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of Last Year's Mistake! I have high hopes since I'm such a contemp fiend. :D Great choices, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...