Wednesday, March 6, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door
Publisher: Dutton
Publication Date: September 17, 2013

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.


Why I'm waiting:  I only recently discovered the awesomeness that is Stephanie Perkins, but it was like love at first, er, read.  I listened to the audio for Anna and then I read Lola along with Em (not her first read, but she wanted to read along with me), and in all probability, Em and I will be reading Isla together, too.  If there was ever an author I was going to stalk, it would be this one.  She writes books that make my heart sososo happy.  I am so hoping for a happy ending for Isla and Josh.  And I can't wait to see more of Anna, Étienne, Lola and Cricket.  (Especially Cricket!)

Also I LOVE the new covers.  Admittedly, I wished they had been released prior to my purchase of the hardcovers, but que sera sera.  I know some people are disappointed with the cover changes, but I love them.  The setting in each of these novels becomes a character in itself, and I love that the new covers showcase them so beautifully.  And the color scheme is so fun!  I actually kind of want to purchase Anna and Lola again so I can have these beauties on my shelf...and I never do that.

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

16 comments:

  1. Not sure I like the sound of this one very much but I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did the new covers come out? Aaah. Cant wait for this as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephanie Perkins too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so gorgeous! I have Perkins' other two books, but still haven't read them. I'm feeling a bit rage-y about yet another cover change. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, look at that, great minds DO think alike!! ;) Super excited for this one myself. I'm still a bit ticked about all the cover changes, so I'm not loving this one... but most of the others have grown on me, so I'm sure this one will too. I'm kinda obsessive about my covers matching, so it's so frustrating to me when they change them. I have Anna and Lola on my kindle though, so this one isn't THAT annoying since I don't have to actually see them next to each other on my shelf, totally not matching. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel bad for those who had the covers change mid series. I was a fan of the originals, these are to boring. Luckily I don't follow the series but for those who do... they really should've waited until completion to change them. Anywho I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is on a few WoWs today :) Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a confession. I am the only person left on earth that has not yet read Anna and the French Kiss. lol I mean I must be, right? They sound so good though. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes yes yes! She is definitely worth author stalking! Really excited to finally read this one. I'm not happy about the cover change but it won't keep me away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This might be my most anticipated book at the moment. So if you get this after stealing my WoW luck away, you'd better lend it to me!!!!

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

  11. i have been waiting for this one forever! It was supposed to be out this past fall and now it is pushed to September... ugh! I want it already. I am a big fan of Perkins and I love companion novels. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Anna and Lola. I can't wait to read this one too!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm waiting on this one too :). I really liked the original covers but I like these ones too! I think their adorable and fit the books perfectly!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of Perkins books yet but, I have Anna on my kindle waiting for me. Great pick!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wasn't a huge fan of Anna but I loved Lola so I'm looking forward to this. I hate the covers. They are too plain. The settings are important and I like the idea of featuring them but these don't stand out as unique and quirky like they are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. To me, Stephenie Perkins is a big author with a huge talent to write lovely books. But the cover of this book don't like to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...