Friday, March 15, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"It's about the tree going up above the houses and somebody saw it and maybe said it was weird 'cause how did a tree get up in the air?"












Cover Art

Pulse as envisioned by Katiebug

Love her thoughts on the book.  Based on the reviews I've seen, her summary might be better than the book itself.  I don't know...the cover is stunning and the premise sounded good, but that many people can't be wrong, right?

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  

Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.


8 comments:

  1. The cover is awesome! LOL I would wonder what a tree is doing in the air too. I haven't actually read many reviews but it did sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover and the synopsis. I have not read the book. I really want to but I am afraid after reading reviews. The picture your daughter drew is just perfect and yes her thoughts are perfect. If I would have seen just the cover I would have thought the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job on the cover. I had planned on reading it but I'm really hesitant now based on soooo many meh reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute answer! And her drawing of a tree is really good! I'm the same way about the book. Was really interested before but don't think I'll get to it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did that tree get up in the air??? It is a cool cover and I love Katie's drawing!

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her response. Too cute! She's a good little colorer.

    I haven't heard of this book before. The cover art is pretty, but if it's getting so many bad reviews it probably won't be worth it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. How DID it get up there? Such a good question, hah. I have not read this, I'm waiting to see more reviews.

    PS--the button you made for this meme is super cute. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, I love these posts. they are so full of cuteness. :) I haven't heard much about this book yet.. Now I'm curious to go check out some reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...