Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser(s) comes from the following book(s):

Add to Goodreads
Title: Dark Triumph
Author: Robin LaFevers
Series: His Fair Assassin, book #2
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Publication Date: April 2, 2013
Source: from publisher via Netgalley
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.


My teaser:

"'I will not let them take you alive.'
Of all the things he could have said, that is the one thing that comforts me the most. 'Nor I you,' I say around a strange lump that has formed in my throat."
-- Loc 2005, 44%

I am having so much fun with this book!  I was so afraid that it wouldn't live up to Grave Mercy's awesomeness, but it is every bit as good.  I kinda sorta wish I hadn't agreed to read along with Em because I want to devour this thing.  :P

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!

11 comments:

  1. I still haven't read the first book. I'm glad that you have fun with this one.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Grave Mercy recently. I'm glad to hear this one is just as good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. It's good to hear it's every bit as good as Grave Mercy. I loved that one, and Dark Triumph will happen for me in the next few weeks. Looking forward to it. =) Thanks a lot for sharing this teaser, I already grinned at that. ;) My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I like that teaser! I must read Grave Mercy soon!! I have two copies of it so I have no real excuse, besides needing more time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good tease. maybe i'll finish grave mercy and pick this one up too. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a suspenseful and thrilling story. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from THE LAW OF SIMILARS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser, gorgeous cover! Can't wait for your review, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh. YOU ARE MAKING THIS VERY DIFFICULT NOT TO READ THIS BOOK RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

    I loved Grave Mercy and have been trying to read other books first, but this--this tempts me mightily.

    The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read this one! I may even do a re-read of Grave Mercy to prepare for it so I can completely enjoy it :-) Great teaser! Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I really need to start this series! Love the teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...