Friday, March 1, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"I kinda think it's about a girl -- that's a girl, right? -- going somewhere and trying to find somebody."












Cover Art

Impostor as envisioned by Katiebug


Admittedly, this kind of looks like an owl to me, but she did draw a nose and a lip on the girl; it's just hard to see because she used pink for everything.  =)  The girl loves pink, what can I say?  I'm sure that's part of the reason she was drawn to this cover in the first place.

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.


9 comments:

  1. LOl so cute. That's a Girl Right??? haha. Great cover art! I just love this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eyes and eyebrows on the picture!!!!! So cute and the, "it's a girl, right?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie is pretty much dead-on with her guess, hah. Love this feature, it's so cute! I liked the book, too. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! It does kind of look like an owl, but can't blame her for using all pink. It's a good color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I started cracking up when I saw her rendition—she is adorable! I haven't read Imposter yet but it is about a girl, right..? Right?? Smart kid :D

    I absolutely love this meme. So cute.

    ♥ Karielle @ Books à la Mode

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...