Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser(s) comes from the following book(s):

Add to Goodreads
Title: With All My Soul
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers, 7th & final book in the series
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: March 26, 2013
Source: purchased
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....


My teaser:

     "He touched me. That was part of the price. And when he touched me, I couldn't think about anything except how furious I was about every time anyone has ever been...wronged. And I think he could see those times. All of them. I think he tasted them in my blood. Or maybe sucked them right out of my head when we kissed."
     "You kissed him?" The horror clear in Emma's wide-eyed expression echoed in her voice as well.
     "Not by choice. It was weird, though, because he didn't taste like wrath. He tasted like peace. Like calm. But he was hungry for wrath, like he devours every drop he ever tastes immediately and is then starving for more."
     Tod scowled. "Feel free to stop telling me what hellions taste like."
     "She kissed someone else." Nash wasn't exactly smiling at his brother, but he didn't look entirely unhappy, either. "Wow. I wonder what that felt like?"
-- p. 169

Okay, I obviously cheated a bit lot this week, but this teaser was too good to pass up.  Some serious stuff is obviously going down when Kaylee is willingly kissing hellions, but there's also the comic relief of the Hudson brothers who are notoriously at each other's throats when it comes to Kaylee.  So, you see?  If I'd taken just a couple of lines from this, out of context it wouldn't have been nearly as good.  You're welcome.  =)

I'm so sad to be saying goodbye to these characters.  I still remember when I first started this series and I pronounced bean sidhes just like it's spelled and didn't even realize I was reading about banshees for the longest time.  *sniff*  Ah, the memories...

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!

8 comments:

  1. great tease check out mine http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ive followed your blog as well please follow back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might be the last person to read this series. I see them everywhere and hear they are good but just haven't been able to pick up the first book yet. Soon though!


    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this series, but I haven't start reading them yet. I enjoyed the teaser. Thank you for sharing :)

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tease. now that its complete i think i'll start reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, interesting section. I like the sounds here. :) Thank you.

    If you'd like to stop by I have a teaser up this week and a giveaway with it. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday-156-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's hard not to cheat and share more for Teaser Tuesdays -- I am notorious for it, though for two weeks in a row now, I've actually only shared 2 sentences!

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser! Someday I'm going to get the heart to finish this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need this book!!!! I won a preorder in Rachel (from Fiktshun)'s giveaway but it hasn't arrived yet *sigh*
    And I'm REALLY curious about that new hellion now!! o.O
    Thanks for stopping by my top ten post :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...