Wednesday, October 2, 2013




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...






Title: Lair of Dreams
Author: Libba Bray
Series: The Diviners, book #2
Publisher: Little, Brown BFYR
Publication Date: April 22, 2014

Add to Goodreads
After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...

Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?

I am decidedly not in favor of this cover change, specifically because the change makes the series look ho hum and run-of-the-mill when it is most certainly not.  However, I am still anticipating this book with just as much fervor as when I put down The Diviners.  I adored Evie and company and I can't wait to see what hijinks ensue in this next installment.

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)     vs.   The DivinersLair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)


Now that you know what I'm dying to read, what are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!



14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these! Hope you enjoy the book!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many enthusiastic reviews for The Diviners but I've never gotten around to checking it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did they change the covers? why??? I loved the original cover. Anyway--I'm looking forward to this one too though it feels like I read The Diviners so long ago I need to refresh my memory.

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have checked The Diviners from my library twice and still haven't read it. I actually like this cover though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about this author and this book. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choice. I like the new covers more than the first with that creepy symbolic thingy.

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-67-since-youve.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read The Diviners, but it's on my TBR. The sequel sounds great! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seeing this book around a lot today! I must check out the first book. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really need to pick this series up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick. I like your blog design.

    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-10213.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... I'm thinking I like these new covers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first I have heard of this book but it sounds great! I still need to read The Diviners.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, this was my WoW pick last week! Great minds... I agree with you about the cover -- the original look of the hardcover The Diviners was much better and quite mysterious looking. Either way, though, I just can't wait for Lair of Dreams!

    Lisa
    My Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely must read my copy of The Diviners! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...