Saturday, October 26, 2013

In My Mailbox #105

Saturday, October 26, 2013 with 21 comments



In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.




I used to love Halloween so much, but I haven't really felt up to it this year.  I usually love dressing up and scaring the bejeezus out of people, but I haven't even really contemplated a costume, other than a book fairy, for obvious reasons.  Katie didn't even realize Halloween was here, until she saw the commercial for It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  That's how un-Halloweey-y I've been this year.  But we'll be carving pumpkins this weekend, baking pumpkin seeds, and I'll be reading some monster-themed books.  I feel better already, just thinking about it.  =)



Here's what I scored this week:


For Review:

Being Sloane JacobsCress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Copperhead (Ironskin, #2)Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)Relic (Books of Eva, #1)

Thank you, Random House & Netgalley, Macmillan, Tor/Forge, Simon Pulse & Edelweiss, and SOHO Teen/Blackstone Audio & Audiobook Jukebox, for the review copies!!!

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill - Sooooo excited for this after the adorableness that was Meant to Be
Cress by Marissa Meyer - I got an ARC!!!  EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!
Copperhead by Tina Connelly - unsolicited finished copy, guess I need to finally finish Ironskin
Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols - I just adore me some Jennifer Echols!
Relic by Heather Terrell - Didn't think I'd get to my ARC, so I'm super happy to have gotten the audio!


Purchased:



Allegiant by Veronica Roth - audiobook & signed hardcover - already listened & reviewed


So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?




The Week in Review:

Reviews:


Promotional/Discussion Posts:  Flat Leo

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

Horde (Razorland, #3)Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)



I'm getting into the Halloween spirit by reading two thrilling books this weekend:  one about the underworld/afterlife and one about zombies. Both are off to a great start, but I might be sleeping with the lights on while the husband's out at the deer lease this weekend.  :)  They're worth it, though.






The Week Ahead:


Reviews:  
Endless Knight (audio)Fractured, Horde, World After & maybe another audiobook or two, depending on what catches my fancy or what I have time for


Spooktacular Giveaway Hop

Finding It Release Day Launch & Giveaway



Follow on Bloglovin
Like honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

21 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy Cress. Cress is one book that I would be super excited about if it landed in my mailbox as well. You got some awesome books this week. They all look fantastic.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, amazing fantastic haul! I am wanting to read Cress and Allegiant SOO badly. I hope you enjoy, everything you got for review and I look forward to reading the review,

    Great Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a signed Allegiant copy! Lucky you :) I'm still waiting for mine to be delievered, not that I preordered or anything -__-'
    I got Copperhead too, but I haven't read it yet because it's only readable on the computer and not the kindle.
    I'm so happy you got an ARC of Cress! I know how much you love that series :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting an ARC of Cress. They really seem to be the most popular ARCs at the moment. I'm really excited for Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols!

    Live to Read, Love to Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to borrow an ARC for Cress and it's AMAZINGEPICFANTASTIC. Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! Allegiant! I have to wait until I get it at the library :(
    But congrats on Cress! I'e been hearing that everyone wants one of those, although I myself have yet to read the series. I also was lucky enough to get Being Sloane Jacobs--it looks amazing!

    Gabbie @ Rampant Readers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to go all out for Halloween and this year I haven't even gotten a pumpkin yet :-(

    A friend loaned me Cress so I hope to get to it soon. I'm rereading the whole Razorland series this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signed Allegiant! I have the first two books signed, but, disappointingly, Veronica isn't coming anywhere near here for a while so it will be a long time before I can get Allegiant signed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful haul this week, ladies. I so want to read your review of Allegiant…but I shall resist. Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of the books you've gotten!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Allegiant on order at the library, but it hasn't come in for me yet. I'm excited to read it. I haven't looked at your rating yet--I've been trying to avoid anything Allegiant until I get my hands on it. I haven't been on Twitter for, like, a week because I've heard that somebody was posting spoilers. Biggest Flirts looks really cute and I'm sure people are screaming to themselves that you've got your hands on Cress (I haven't read the first two yet. I know, I know). Hope you are having a great weekend. Baking pumpkin seeds and reading spooky books sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being Sloane Jacobs looks good. I want to read Copperhead, eventually. Happy Halloween, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OO I see you received Cress nice. Nice haul this week! As for Halloween I found that it's hard to become in the zone when stores are already pushing out Christmas in droves. I mean my store has this tiny little Halloween aisle but Christmas has the whole back corner. Still can't wait for Halloween though :)

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  13. CRESS!!!!! So jealous. Hope you love it! *eyes it longingly* Ooh, and Being Sloane Jacobs! SO excited for that one. Great haul and glad you're getting into the Halloween spirit finally :) I've been "whatever" about it thus far as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got some amazing books this week. Cress, Biggest Flirts, Allegiant... Hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    My Showcase Sunday @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished Cress can can't wait to discuss that with you. And I requested Biggest Flirt (crosses fingers)….
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGGG you got Cress! I'm so jealous of all the bloggers who got an ARC. Love the signed copy of Allegiant too, you lucky thing.

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so surprised I was approved for Being Sloane Jacobs and I'm almost done with it! You're going to adore it. It's so fluffy and cute. It has a few problems, but it's a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy it, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Halloween has snuck up on me too. I've not carved a pumpkin yet! running out of time! So happy you got Cress! whoohoo! I wish I had the arc to hug but feel lucky that I got to read it. HC of Allegiant really is lovely.

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky you getting Cress!! I will be getting that one as soon as it hits the shelves!! Again, totally obsessed with covers... it really is a sickness. :-P I have Cinder and Scarlet (which I haven't read yet :( ) so I definitely need Cress to sit next to it on the shelf. Now if only I could find the time to read them all...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...