Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here's what I'm teasing this week:



Title: Untold
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Series: The Lynburn Legacy, book #2
Publisher: Random House BFYR
Publication Date: September 24, 2013
Source: purchased
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add to Goodreads
Free from bonds, but not each other...

It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?’
My teaser:
    "I wasn't following you home so I could break into your house and steal your underwear," Jared pointed out.  "There are sorcerers killing people in this town.  I wanted to make sure you got home safe."
- p. 147

Well, at least it sounds like Jared is being his normal self.  I was afraid things would continue to be painfully awkward between him and Kami for the duration of this book after the events that unfolded in Unspoken. Speaking of, I am terribly unhappy with the cover change for this series.  The other cover was just...so unique.  This new design is woefully unimaginative.

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!


7 comments:

  1. I haven't read these and probably won't. But I do like the teaser with just a touch of sarcasm.
    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...great teaser. I have been seeing this book around and really know nothing of it. I'll wait and see what you think and possibly add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! Happy Tuesday. Here are my teasers. http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/10/01/tuesday-teasers-10113/ or http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-teasers-10113.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Thanks for reminding me I need to read this book soon haha! Glad to hear things aren't super awkward between Kami and Jared, I'd be really sad if it was. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. That is a funny teaser. I hope you're enjoying Untold.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...