Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Meant to Be
Author:  Lauren Morrill
Series:  stand-alone
Publisher:  Delacorte
Publication Date:  November 13, 2012
Source:  galley from publisher via Netgalley
Purchase:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.


My teaser:


"If you're soooo obsessed with Mark, if he's your MTB or whatever"--here he makes air quotes--"then why are you chasing after this dude Chris?  For someone who probably irons her underpants, you're pretty all over the place, aren't you?  Just like all the girls you look down on." -- p. 133 of galley


Omegah, I already love this Jason character.  He seems fun.  LOL.  But this whole book seems fun.  While I was scanning the page for a good teaser, I got way caught up in the story and read several pages past this spot.  Oops!  :D

So, what are you teasing us with this week???

9 comments:

  1. This books sounds great and that is a great teaser! Thanks for sharing!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! Great book pick and awesome teaser! Thanks for sharing! :D


    Here's My TT! 

    Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! This sounds so fun! Very curious about Mark and Chris and of course the guy speaking which is who I bet she ends up with. Irons her underpants LMAO
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one from NetGalley and I am SO excited.
    And thanks for the info -- I'll try Something Strange&Deadly if you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah, I love it! You know me, this book was "meant for me". Get it?? I know, that was cheesy. Anyway, looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. I have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a tease!! lol I must read this book! Added it to my wish list =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. O ouch! Words meant to hit their mark. Great teaser though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...