Thursday, July 5, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Balthazar
Author:  Claudia Gray
Series:  Evernight
Publisher:  HarperTeen
Publication Date:  March 6, 2011
Source:  traded ARCs with fellow blogger

Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes. As they stand together to fight the evil vampire, Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by Skye...just as Redgrave realizes that he can destroy Balthazar once and for all by taking her for his own.

In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.


I tried to read Evernight back when it was available for free, probably right around the time Balthazar was released, if I remember correctly.  I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters, though, so I pretty much gave up ever trying to read this series.  But then I read a couple of great reviews of Balthazar from people I trust on Goodreads, and I decided to give it a try.  So, I traded ARCs with one of those same Goodreads friends.  And the book has sat on my shelf ever since because of other obligations and bookish priorities.  Oops.

I still really want to read it, so if you've already read it, give me a reason to move it up on the TBR list.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series either. So good luck trying to get through it when you have a chance. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing. I have been meaning to read this one but it keeps slipping my mind.

    Here's mine:
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/from-review-pile-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the series, but I really enjoyed Balthazar. I hope you can get to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounds like a good vampire book! I'm a new follower :)

    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/get-me-off-shelf-is-my-edition-of-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one, sorry! I have seen the cover for it around though, I hope you end up liking it when you get to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...