Thursday, July 26, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Fever
Author:  Lauren DeStefano
Series:  The Chemical Garden trilogy, Book #2
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Publication Date:  February 21, 2012

Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.


This is another one of those that I was dying to get my hands on but once I did, I got behind and never got to.  I loved Wither when I read it last year and I'm really excited to continue Rhine's story and see if she ever reunites with Rowan.  I may end up listening to this one so I can get to it sooner rather than later.  Thank goodness for Audible!  :D

5 comments:

  1. It's really good!! I hope you can get to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good series! Added it to my to-read list! :)
    - Sam @ SIK Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same! I absolutely LOVED Wither, and couldn't wait to read Fever- but I still haven't! I'm going to try and get to it to it this month though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sounds good. I need to read the first book in the series though. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine : http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/get-me-off-shelf_26.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...