Thursday, July 12, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Last Rite
Author:  Lisa Desrochers
Series:  Personal Demons, book 3
Publisher:  Tor Teen
Publication Date:  May 8, 2012
Source:  traded ARCs with fellow blogger, also won a signed copy from the author

In this final installment of the thrilling, edgy Personal Demons series, the battle between Heaven and Hell has become critical, and Frannie Cavanaugh is right at the center of it.

With the help of the powerful angel Gabe and demon-turned-mortal Luc, Frannie has been able to stay one step ahead of the forces of Hell. But when the demons killed Frannie's best friend and destroyed her brother, they raised the stakes. If Frannie wants to keep her family and friends safe, she knows she has no choice but to go on the run.

Their best defense is the power Frannie has been struggling to master, but her attempts to hone her skill go horribly awry. If Frannie doesn't learn fast, the consequences could be devastating--even apocalyptic.

What happens when you can't outrun Hell...or trust the ones you love?


I was dying to get my hands on this book before it was released, and then I did and here it is two months after the release and I still haven't had the time to read it.  *sigh*  Review books come in spurts for me.  Seems like it's either all or nothing, though, with physical ARCs.  And that's when I find myself spending way too much time perusing Netgalley's offerings.  :P  Anyway, that's why this one has been left collecting dust...it's definitely not for lack of trying to get to it.

I promised myself in May that June would be the month I caught up on all the books I wanted to read for me, but then June came and went and I'm still trying to catch up on review books, all the while stock-piling more and more books for my personal, when-I-have-time-for-them stash.  It's a never-ending battle. 

I did manage to completely reorganize and alphabetize my bookshelves while I had some time off, so that counts for something, right?  I mean, I even took the time to label them with color-coded stickers distinguishing those that hadn't been read and in what order they needed to be read.  Call me crazy, but I'm well on my way to that library I've always dreamed of.  :D

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read the other two books in the series, but hope you get to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to organize my library of books, but I also need a proper bookshelf lol. I like the idea of the stickers too!
    I haven't read this series, but I have been keeping an eye on it and it seems cool, I hope you get time for your own books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I already have the book you mentioned on one of my GoodRead's lists.

    Ha, great job on organizing your stash. I still have make shift book shelves all over the house organized only by hardback, paperback, and the size. I have more ebook then anything, My ereaders started to act funny until I discovered how to transfer then over to cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book in the series but haven't had a chance to read it yet, despite loads of really positive reviews. I love the look of this series, and the covers are all beautiful.
    Sometimes you need to just ignore the review pile and read something for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, Jeannette, you sound just like me w/review books and the compulsion to stockpile "me" books. I've had books one & two in this series for quite a while now. Hopefully we both get on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like such an awesome read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - I am in awe of your organization achievements this summer!! :) That's even more OCD than I am...might have to steal some of your secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read this series yet but I've heard plenty of great things.
    Great idea with the color codes for your bookshelves! :)
    Hope you enjoy the book when you have time for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...