Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Defiance
Author:  C.J. Redwine
Series:  1st book in the Defiance series
Publisher:  Balzer + Bray
Publication Date:  August 28, 2012
Source:  galley from publisher

Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city's brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father's apprentice, Logan--the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same one who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but a fierce belief in her father's survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city's top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor's impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can't be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.


My teaser:
The commander laughs.  "Come to beg me to save him?"
My smile feels just as vicious as his.  "He isn't the one who needs saving." -- p. 148 of galley
This book isn't quite what I expected, but it's definitely held my interest.  It's suspenseful and full of twists, and just when I think I've got things figured out, the author throws me for another loop.  It's not often a book can do that to me...I'm definitely impressed with the story.

Don't you leave me in suspense, though!  What are you teasing us with this week?  Share your link in the comments so I can visit!

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this! Great Tease, Jen!
    Stopping by with My TT!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! This sounds like a really great read and Rachel sounds like a kickbutt heroine :)

    My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great heroine. Definitely adding this to my list.

    ai-books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaawwwwhhh, SNAP! I LOVE this teaser! Someone's gonna get it! I didn't know if this book was for me, but I love the fact that it's thrown you for a few loops! I may have to give this one a chance. Great Teaser Tuesday, Jen! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an intriguing read.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really looking forward to this one. Great tease.

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I'm not sure if this one is for me, but I'm enjoying the teasers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. Must. Have. This! It's sounds soooo awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God, I can resume my crawling NOW! I freaking need this book. Like, if I don't get it sooner, something BAD could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love twists! It sounds pretty exciting and crazy! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...