Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  The Treachery of Beautiful Things
Author:  Ruth Frances Long
Series:  n/a
Publisher:  Dial Books
Publication Date:  August 16, 2012
Source:  galley from publisher
Purchase:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble

A darkly compelling mix of romance, fairy tale, and suspense from a new voice in teen fiction.

The trees swallowed her brother whole, and Jenny was there to see it. Now seventeen, she revisits the woods where Tom was taken, resolving to say good-bye at last. Instead, she's lured into the trees, where she finds strange and dangerous creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with secrets of his own. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack's help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where stunning beauty masks some of the most treacherous evils, and she's faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice--and not just her own.


My teaser:
"She was talking to a tree.  Just talking to a tree.  Totally normal.  People probably did it every day here.  They're only trees.  She fought an insane urge to laugh."  -- p. 181 of galley
I've barely started this book, but while I was searching for a good teaser, I totally got sucked in and read on past the page I had up on the screen of my Nook.  So, as soon as I'm done here, I'm going to get right back to it.  Love the cover.  Love stories about faeries.  And I saw the name Puck while I was skimming!  Eeeek!

What book has you all giddy with the teasing this week?

9 comments:

  1. haha that is a great teaser! This book sounds really great!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get started on this one! Nice tease! And I'm with you, Love love love stories about Faeries, especially naughty ones!
    My TT!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I fought an insane urge to laugh too!!! xD That was funny, I should be keeping an eye out for this book too!

    Here's my teaser: http://bookaworld.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/teaser-tuesday-july-7/

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's better than talking to yourself :) Nice teaser!
    My teaser: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love faerie stories too! and this cover is gorgeous! I am very much looking forward to reading this one! Thanks for sharing a snippet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read this one! Thanks for the teaser!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great teaser! And the cover is so, so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I still need to read this one! Sounds good! Sometimes I like to talk to my cat so tress isn't that shocking. Thanks for stopping by My TT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...