Thursday, July 19, 2012


Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  The Power of Six
Author:  Pittacus Lore
Series:  Lorien Legacies #2
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Publication Date:  August 23, 2011

I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.

And I'm ready to fight.


I enjoyed I am Number Four well enough, and the movie was decent.  But when I realized The Power of Six was from Seven's POV, I was more than a little intrigued.  She's only a secondary character in the first book, but she wasn't minor by any means.

I know ARCs of The Rise of Nine are out in circulation, so I'd like to get to this one soon so I can finish up the series this year.  (It's only supposed to be the three books, right?)  I'm even considering listening to the audio for The Power of Six just so that I can mark it off my to-read list.  Plus, I've heard that this second installment is better than the first.  Can anyone speak to that?

What book do you wish you could make time for?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I liked the second book better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second one is at least TWICE as good as the first.

    And there are supposed to be seven books all together...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second book was TONS better than the first!! TONS!! Loved it so much.. I had to say TONS twice! :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read I am Number Four, I only saw the movie! I hope you enjoy this one, maybe I'll wait until the third is out an read them all in one sitting, so I can get fully caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The synopsis has me intrigued! Read it now!(smile)so we can read the review :)

    Here's mine:
    http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/get-me-off-shelf_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this one for review as well, and it took me up until about March this year to finally get around to reading it! I LOVED it though- this one is actually SO much better than I Am Number Four.
    Read it soon! (You won't be sorry) and enjoy!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the first book and haven't watch the movie yet. I hope you enjoy your book! :)

    From The Review Pile

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...