Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Weekend Update - 2.8.14

Saturday, February 8, 2014 with 20 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff:  stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)


That damn groundhog!  I'm ready for spring, and he goes and sees his shadow!  When it was cloudy and yucky out....how does that even happen?  It's time for some outdoor reading, but when the temperature isn't even in the normal range for your region, it's best to wait, I suppose.  :)  Also, we got snow this week. Snow.  In February.  In Texas.  We're usually sitting pretty at near 60 degrees this time of year.  (Is it weird that I always start these things talking about the weather?  It's not just small talk...weather kind of fascinates me.  I actually wanted to be a meteorologist for the longest. But in the background, not the person reporting on TV.)

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

On the FenceOpen Road SummerThe Chapel WarsThe Break-Up Artist
Thank you, Harper, Bloomsbury & Harlequin Teen!!!
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)


Yep, I feel like going on a bit of a contemporary kick and these will do just fine.  What was that I was just saying about not having another Kasie West book for awhile?  =)


Purchased:

Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3)Getting Over Garrett Delaney
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)

Heh, okay, so actually, I should probably list Ignite Me twice 'cause I pre-ordered that gorgeous hardcover, but I also pre-ordered the audio from Audible because I knew that gorgeous HC wouldn't be here until later in the day, and even so, I'm not technically allowed to read while I'm at work.  But no one said I couldn't listen!  =)  And, wow, holy wow was this book worth it!?!  And Getting Over Garrett Delaney was a Kindle Daily Deal that I just couldn't pass up...sounds cute and I saw the term "girl power" somewhere in a review for it.


So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?




The Week in Review:

Reviews:
Current Giveaways:  Launch Day Celebration for Alienated, Romance is in the Air Blog Hop

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  Books With All the Feels, Curses!


Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

TsarinaCress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)I only read the first book in Jackson Pearce's series of retellings, and I liked it alright, but based on the initial reactions to this new book written under her pseudonym, I'm going to love it.  Gorgeous cover, Russia, magic...yep, it's got all the elements of a perfect Jen-book.





I actually have an ARC of this, but every time I'd go to pick it up to start it, I'd remember just how much I enjoyed the audiobook versions of both Cinder and Scarlet, and I'd put it back down and tell myself to wait.  Well, the wait is OVER!  And it was so worth it!


Upcoming Reviews:

Better off FriendsThe Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Vicious



Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



20 comments:

  1. Some nice review books there. You had a good week on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your ability to hold off on reading Cress! I couldn't have waited...but I have zero self control. I'm reading (sort of) Tsarina too! How far are you? I'm about 5% in I think. Plus One sort of took over. Enjoy all the lovelies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I didn't comment on your weather fascination. I think it's incredibly interesting too. I love the tidbit about you wanting to be a meteorologist. I am SO ready for Spring. I never thought I'd miss warmer temperatures but I do. It's too cold for my liking.

      Delete
  3. Nice haul of books. I see lots of awesome books that look like a great read. On the Fence and Ignite Me are very popular. I so want Spring to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I flippin' LOVE your blog! I just discovered it via Kristen/My Friends Are Fiction. :) I hadn't heard about Tsarina until seeing it on here and I'm now eager to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to read your review of Cress, Jen! I'm currently reading it. I'm still pretty much at the beginning, but I'm enjoying it so much! :)

    Lovely book haul by the way! Enjoy all of it! I look forward to your posts this coming week. Happy weekend!

    P.s. I haven't been missing out completely. I've read plenty of your posts, but I haven't made the time to leave thoughtful comments. Be ready! I plan to comment bomb your blog this weekend. ^_^

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY I also got On the Fence! And I own Shatter Me and Unravel Me, but have not read either of them yet. I'll have to binge-read the series over the summer! And my review of The Winner's Curse goes live tomorrow! I really loved that book :D

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, I got all the same books as you for review except The Break Up Artist, I am on the fence about that because breakups make me sad lol. I had one that was really bad and I was like depressed for months after, because I am so dramatic and all. LOL.

    Anyways!

    I CANNOT WAIT to see what you think of Tsarina, I am literally jealous of everyone reading it. JEALOUS.

    ALSO! This reminds me I need to hurry up and read The Winner's Curse.

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the Fence looks really good, it will be my first Kasie West book now I can find out what all the fuss is about! Have heard fantastic things about The Winner's Curse. Enjoy your reads!

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so much good!!! I need to get to checking out your reviews. I hope to get to Cress this coming up week. Can't wait to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't WAIT for your review on Cress! :) So exciting. Also very nice haul...very nice...I'm up to Unravel Me, still (need to get a wriggle along with that series) and I haven't been totally hooked so far. But everyone tells me the later books are AWESOME. Must. keep. reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Ignite Me was so so fantastic! I want to re-read it already <3 I have On the Fence too, and can't wait to read it.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Cress. I can't wait to get to The Winner's Curse which is finally nearing to top of my review stack. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! Lots of amazing looking books and I am super jealous that you have Open Road Summer! I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I KNEW I forgot a book in my haul and it was Chapel Wars. We can discuss it after! I don't know why, but I think I'm trying to display self-control by not downloading On the Fence asap? Psh, that's going out the window soon because I can't stop thinking about it! Such great reviews coming up, can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice haul this week. On the Fence is definitely popular this week. I will have to add it to my list.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  16. I almost bought Getting Over Garrett Delany, but I felt bad because I bought a bunch this week. I will definitely be looking forward to hearing how it was. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, look at you on a contemp kick! I love it!!! :) I received all of those for review as well. :) I still haven't read Ignite Me... what am I waiting for, right?! LOL Hope you enjoy your new goodies!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never noticed you started off with the weather. Lol. I think being a meteorologist would be interesting, but I was just never much for science (although I find it fascinating). Great review haul! I'm looking forward to every single one of those. I own a couple of Abby McDonald books--although not that one...I don't think--but have never read them. Hope you enjoy all your new reads and are having a splendid week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...