Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Weekend Update - 2.15.14

Saturday, February 15, 2014 with 12 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff:  stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)


Ah, a reprieve! First, the weather has taken a decidedly spring-like turn with temps hovering near 70 this weekend. Second, the kidlet asked to spend the weekend at Nana and Papa's. And third, the hubby decided to head out to the deer lease. Now that is what I call a lovely Valentine's Day present:  peace and quiet, reading, and wine. =D If you need me, I'll be out on the patio, enjoying some outdoor reading time with this lovely view (except not quite as green!):


Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place, #2)Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
Thank you, Harper & Flux!!!
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)

Lauren tells me that this installment in the Sweet series is the best yet, which is music to my ears considering how disappointed I was in the second book. =) Also, I am hoping Fear makes a cameo in Where Silence Gathers, the companion novel to Some Quiet Place. Love the idea of emotions personified, and I have high hopes for this book. I'm also stoked to start reading Chasing Before, the sequel to what was originally called Level One but what is now known as The Memory of After in its paperback incarnation. Hmm...last week was the week of contemporaries, and I think this week is the one with all the soul-centric reads. =)

Purchased:

Solving for ExWhere You'll Find Me
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)

I had been planning on picking up Solving for Ex on release day 'cause it sounds adorable and I am still on a contemporary kick, and I'd had Where You'll Find Me on my wishlist...got both of them for my Kindle for a mere $7.50. I lovelovelove having a co-blogger because I get to read stuff like this on a whim whenever I want now because I have time! =)

So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  Books That Made Us Swoon, Guest Post from Megan Miranda{Don't} Want Your Bad Romance & V-Day Movie Recs

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

Something RealSecond StarBuddy-reading this with Em and Jenn from Book Jems. It's alright so far. It's a very loose Peter Pan retelling, and I haven't quite figured how it all fits together, but I'm intrigued.






I've had this ARC on my shelf for too long. Decided to pick it up after I saw Danielle raving about it. And I'm really enjoying it. I seem to be having much better luck lately with my contemporary picks. Hope this streak keeps up. =)


Upcoming Reviews:

TsarinaCress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)Vicious



Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



12 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was a companion novel to Some Quiet Place.

    I'm glad you got a break and got to enjoy a little quiet reading time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul ladies. I need to read Some Quite Place. You guys got some great books this week.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the first one but as it's part of a series I didn't ask for it. I hope you'll love all your new books. Happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your weather lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solving for Ex looks adorable! I need to read Higgins asap though, I've heard nothing but good things about that series. Great post and haul, Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited about Sweet Reckoning. Enjoy!!!
    My STS:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/02/stacking-shelves-46-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for peace and quiet! LOVED Solving for Ex, hope you enjoy it too!
    Rachel @ the NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read your review of CRESS!! And also your review of Second Star. I absolutely adore Peter Pan...so I think I'll be pretty pleased with a surfy retelling. (Surfing is also cool.) Co-bloggers rock. My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate you. It's 14 degrees F here right now. And there aren't enough clean blankets in my house to warm me (I'm currently under four).

    I cannot wait to read SOLVING FOR EX! It sounds so awesome--all of that author's book sound great. She's local for me, too! You'll have to let me know what you think of it, and whether or not I should buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your books look really interesting, especially Sweet Reckoning! I really can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought Something Real was amazing. I don't read many contemporaries but would if more were like that one. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul. I really want to read Solving for Ex, it looks so good. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...