Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Weekend Update - 2.1.14

Saturday, February 1, 2014 with 28 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff:  stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)


Wow, I can't believe it's February already!  This means the countdown to Katie's 6th birthday and Spring Break starts now.  (They both occur during the same week.)  I am soooo ready for spring.  We've had a colder than usual winter here in Texas, and although I'm not ready for 100 degree weather -- which I know is only just around the corner once spring hits -- I'm still ready for it to warm up and stay that way.  Hope you're all staying nice and toasty, cuddled up with a good book!  :D

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)A Mad, Wicked Folly
Thank you, Disney-Hyperion & Heather!!!
(click on the cover(s) above to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book)


And then I got this lovely package in the mail yesterday from Disney-Hyperion.  I was ecstatic to say the least.  You can't tell it from the picture, but that's a device that plays the book trailer (see below) for Deep Blue.  So gorgeous and stunning...I can't wait to dive into this.  #punintended


Purchased:


I finally caved and bought the Vampire Academy boxed set.  I've read them all at least twice, but you just never know when you're going to want to go back and re-read one of your favorite Dimitri passages. ;0) And, of course, I had to get a finished copy of Unhinged.  And look at all of that Victoria Schwab love for my shelves!  I'm reading Vicious with a friend right now and it's awesome.  I've already read The Unbound, but I had to have copy to sit with The Archived on my favorites shelf.  Hoping I can get to The Near Witch soon, and then I'll have read all of her full-length novels to-date.  =)


So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?




The Week in Review:

Reviews:
Current Giveaways:  Check back soon!  April will be hosting her first giveaway hop here at the end of next week!  =)

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  New Adult:  Let's Talk About Sex, Baby!

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

ViciousSplit Second (Pivot Point, #2)I've been reading this a little bit at a time in-between other books, but I'm going to sit down and finish it this weekend. But then I won't have another Kasie West book for months. :(






Buddy-reading this one with Kristen over at My Friends Are Fiction.  We both loved Schwab's The Archived series, and our last buddy read went so well that we immediately picked this one as our next to read together.  =)


Upcoming Reviews:

VengeanceSplit Second (Pivot Point #2)ViciousWill Grayson, Will GraysonSempre (Forever, #1)



Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



28 comments:

  1. Ooh I just got A Mad, Wicked Folly, too, and I'm so excited to read it! I love historical fiction and the cover is so pretty. I was planning on reading Vicious in January, but I never got around to it! Ugh. I really need to read that one soon, it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy a good historical fiction every now and then, too, and I've heard really good things about A Mad, Wicked Folly. And Vicious is amazing. If you haven't read anything by Schwab, that's a good one to start with.

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting to see if I get approved for Nantucket Red. You got some amazing books this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping that having Nantucket Red will be the push I need to read the first book. o_O

      Delete
  3. I really want to read A Mad Wicked Folly. I hope you enjoy it! I want to read Split Second so badly too! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are excited about it, which has me pretty excited, too. :) Split Second is off to a fantastic start...

      Delete
  4. Holy hell that is an awesome book trailer. I need that book in my life I think, lol. Great haul this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Book trailers don't usually impress me, but this one teases just enough.

      Delete
  5. Vicious sounds amazing! I've heard almost nothing but good things about it.The finished copy of Unhinged is so pretty, too. I'm hoping to get The Unbound soon, too, so I can read that and The Archived back to back. I hope you enjoy all of your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicious is totally amazing...dark and twisty, just like I like. :) Oh, that is a fantastic idea to read The Archived and The Unbound back-to-back! Hope you love them both!

      Delete
  6. Deep Blue looks fabulous! And that's a very nice VA boxset. I've basically heard NOTHING about those books...except for all the movie promo. I'm tempted to find one and just see what the fuss is about. ;) The movie looks like it'll be quite cool. And I've got Splintered on reserved! Gosh! Those covers are just. the. best. ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You haven't heard of VA? I listened to the whole series right after the last book was released, and it's a favorite for re-reads. The spin-off series is pretty good, too. I'm excited about the movie...trying to talk the hubs into taking me next w/e. :) The Splintered cover took awhile but it's really started to grow on me. I'm a huge fan now and like the Unhinged cover even more.

      Delete
  7. Yay! I have so many books I want to buy--Ignite Me, Mad Wicked Folly, The Unbound, Vicious (since I'm borrowing my copy), Scarlet (paperback)...sigh. I need lots of $ and trip to the bookstore. Oh, and I need to purchase finished Unhinged too. So pretty. Ugh. So much awesome. I LOVE Vicious....so happy we are reading it together. I'm ready for the warmer weather too. I'm hoping for a mild spring before we hit those 100 degree temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignite Me has already been pre-ordered, but I can't say I haven't been considering going to my local B&N to see if they have it in stock yet since so many people have already gotten their hands on it. Boo! I need to get copies Scarlet and Lady Thief, too. Loving that series. I need a second job just to fund my book purchases, lol.

      I'm really enjoying Vicious, too...I'm glad we picked it for a buddy read. It's another one where I can't imagine not having someone to discuss it with.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't it? I can't wait to start it!

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed A Mad, Wicked Folly and am really excited to read Vicious - I need to make time for it soon! I also cannot wait to see what you think of Split Second! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Keertana! It makes me supremely happy to know that you liked A Mad, Wicked Folly...I've heard such great things but I know that you're also pretty picky. :)

      Delete
  9. I really want to re read all the VA books but I just don't see myself having time for such things. I need a new physcial set. i have some in PB, some in HC, it's a hot mess. but then I saw the kindle ones were 25 dollars last week. the set is back up to 30 now. but i'm still eyeing it up. Gotta save for the cruise though! :oP

    I also requested Nantucket Red. I liked the first one, so I figured I'd try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the best thing about reading a series after all the books have been released: matching copies! :) If the ebook set is at $30, I highly recommend the paperbacks...they were only around $35. But I understand...saving for a vacation is muy importante! :D

      I actually haven't read the first book, but I'm really hoping having the second will force me to correct that. They sound like my kind of reads, anyway.

      Delete
  10. The Deep Blue package is just so gorgeous. And the VA bookset is so pretty I almost want it myself. I have Vicious reserved at the library. I haven't read anything by her yet, or Unhinged, Hopefully soon!
    Thanks for visiting my StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I can't stop looking at it. :) The VA set is nice, but I wish the first book in the set hadn't been changed to the movie cover. It doesn't really match the others now. :( Victoria Schwab is one of my new favorites. I mean, I loved The Archived when I read it last year, but with The Unbound and Vicious, it's set in stone. :)

      Delete
  11. Great haul! A Mad and Wicked Folly looks so good, really desperate to get that one. I got Nantucket Red this week, I got Nantucket Blue for Christmas and I'm excited to be able to read them both together. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul! I'm really looking forward to checking out A Mad, Wicked Folly.
    I need to get my copy of Vicious sometime, I actually read it with a few friends for our book club haha. I need to check out The Archived/Unbound soon! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    Cyn @ Book Munchies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Nantucket Blue and can't wait to hear about Nantucket Red! I totally didn't even know there was another in this series being written. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ended up liking Nantucket Blue and am excited to read the sequel. I have a Mad, Wicked Folly, but haven't gotten to it yet. The Deep Blue package is awesome. I'm so glad you are loving Vicious. I still need to read The Archived, but it is high on my TBR. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to your thoughts on A Mad, Wicked Folly and Nantucket Red--I liked Nantucket Blue fairly well so I'm curious about the sequel (but wanting to get some reader feedback before I commit!) Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL -- I was just in the bookstore today and picked up the VA boxed set -- and then put it back down...
    I should have bought it!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...