Tuesday, February 11, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.  Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =)  We're game.







This week's list features the Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon:

April's picks:

Anna and The French KissThe Statistical Probability of Love at First SightDeliriumSlammedOn the Island

Anna and the French Kiss was the first YA contemporary I've every picked up. Ever since then, I've been hooked. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight really had me swooning because love at first sight, I know it's cliche' but it's real. I knew the moment I saw my husband that we would be together. Delirium, I chose that because it's a world where love is not allowed, so every swoony scene felt forbidden Slammed, Oh how I loved that book. And On the Island, there are a lot of swoony moments that can happen on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. :)




Jen's picks:

The Sky Is EverywhereThe Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)The Scorpio RacesThe Fault in Our Stars

Kind of funny that two of my "bring me to tears" reads also ended up on my swoony reads list, but I tend to really love the books that make me feel ALL THE THINGS. Also, Maggie is good at writing the swoony boys, even if there isn't a whole lot of kissing in her books. =) And then there's Cricket. *sigh* Everyone needs a Cricket.

And this is why these books make me swoon:



So, which books made you swoon?  :)  Share the link to you TTT post so we can visit!


21 comments:

  1. I love Anna and the French Kiss (its on my list too), The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and Delirium. Deffo swoon worthy moments in all of them. Have yet to read Slammed though, I'm sure its really good as I loved Hopeless. And I've never heard of On The Island but I will look out for it now :)

    I'm so happy someone else put The Scorpio Races on their list, I was sure it was just going to be me haha.

    Great lists you two :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing about The Scorpio Races because it's not really a kissing book, ya know? But it definitely made my heart swoon! =)

      Delete
    2. haha I know exactly what you mean, funny enough its been on more lists than I thought haha.

      I just love that book haha

      Delete
  2. Ahhh The Dream Thieves. I swooned so much over Gansey and Ronan and I don't even know WHY. There weren't any intense swoony scenes but, man, those Raven Boys just bring it anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? There's nothing inherently swoony about the Raven Boys, but I swooned all the same. That almost kiss...aaahhhh! I am dying for the next book!

      Delete
  3. So glad to see The Scorpio Races on your list, Jen! It *almost* made mine. Same with The Fault in Our Stars.
    Everyone is picking Anna and the French Kiss and I keep saying I need to read it - maybe it's a sign. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and April keep debating which of Stephanie Perkins' books is better...she always votes for Anna and I prefer Lola, but I think it all depends on which boy you think is swoonier, too. =) I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought The Scorpio Races was swoonworthy! There may not be a whole lot of kissing or romance, but it made me swoon all the same. :D

      Delete
    2. It's the best example of a slow-burn romance. It makes the times they DO touch or say something cute all the more powerful and swoony. <3 (When he tucks her pony tail in the back of her sweater I nearly died.)

      Delete
  4. SO swooning over Joe Fontaine!! He's one of my fav book boyfriends for sure!! I share quite a few w/ you guys this week. Anna, Lola, TFIOS. I so love a good romance :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Joe just THE BEST? *Bat, bat, bat* :D I feel like I'm due for a re-read. :) Maybe after I finish my re-read/listen of Fangirl. =)

      Delete
  5. OMG. Will Cooper. Yes, of course! I've been visiting blogs today and I swear, I keep finding different boys that would have/should make my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a few of these on my list! I adored Anna and the French Kiss - and I LOVE that you have the Sky is Everywhere on your list too! It's a gorgeous book. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read any of these books but hopefully soon. Nice list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Stephanie Perkins books, can´t wait to read Isla and the Happily Ever After. Great list.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you, April, on Statistical Probability and On the Island. Anna and TJ Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TFiOS and The Statistical is the only two I've read out of your list. I feel like I'm definitely missing out on the swoonage in the world. Your picks look really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list!! I loved Delirium, and I agree since every moment was forbidden it made it even more swoon-worthy. OMG, I forgot about Anna and the French Kiss!! I'm ashamed!! I loved that book, the romance was just so cute!!
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love Anna and Lola. Anna, especially, is one of my all-time favorites. I still need to read The Statistical Probability, but it is high on my list. Great list, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I just bought The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and The Sky is Everywhere! I can't wait to read them. And I totally agree with you about The Fault in Our Stars. I would totally want to date Augustus in real life! Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I didn't even think of The Dream Thieves or Scorpio Races!!! Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...