Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Weekend Update - 2.14.15

Saturday, February 14, 2015 with 8 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)
I've been sick all week, so I don't really have much to report, other than I'm feeling better finally and working on catching up on some stuff. And I think I'll treat myself to some Valentine's Day reading, courtesy of HPB's 20% off your entire purchase coupon. :D I really shouldn't, considering how much culling I truly need to do, but I can't help myself. It's an instant pick-me-up to buy a new-to-me book. And I could really use that after the week I've had. And knowing the work-week that lies ahead. :(

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day!!! It was another quiet week around here, though I did get some pretty awesome new reads. Here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

The Trouble with DestinyThe Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)Every Last Word

The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone



An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (review)
Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
Because You'll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas

Purchased:

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead - audiobook


So, that's my haul. :) How about you? What did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:
Current Giveaways:




Promotional/Discussion Posts:  

Also, this happened this week:



Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)Okay, so this didn't happen yet because I started Stolen Songbird, and I'm reading it on Overdrive from my library, which means I can read on my work computer -- bad Jen, bad! -- and I don't think I can split my time between books once I start Lion Heart. But I'm definitely starting it this w/e. I'm already all sniffly from being sick, so no one will notice while I cry my heart out...




I started this right before I got sick, and I'm just not feeling it. I think it's because I can't really pay attention to anything while I'm sick. It's usually when I catch up on TV. BUT, it's not the book's fault, so I'll be picking this back up to listen to while I do chores this w/e.


Upcoming Reviews:


The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)Crimson Bound





Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



8 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling much better! So sorry you've been sick all week. I just bought some bookcases so my weekend will be spent organizing books. I really need to rid myself of some. I hope you LOVE Ember!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul this week. I hope you enjoy them all :) Congratulations on reaching 4,000 followers, that's absolutely incredible! Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, congrats on 4,000 followers! That's huge. I'll be interested to see what you think of Winner's Crime. I haven't read it yet, but I enjoyed the first a lot. :) Nice haul this week! The Trouble With Destiny sounds really good in particular. :)

    Here's my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! An Ember in the Ashes sounds really amazing and I can't wait for it to be released. I really adore the cover as well. :) Congrats on the 4000 followers! That's such a huge mile stone.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Ember in the Ashes sounds amazing. Also, The Sin Eater's Daughter is great as well!
    Congrats on the 4000 bloglovin' followers1 That's fantastic!


    My haul this week

    I'm also giving away the book of your choice from The Book Depository. Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better and congrats on the 4,000 followers! That's AMAZING! Looking forward to reading your Crimson Bound review. :) Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of The Sin Eater's Daughter! Lucky! Great week.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. .I really like the content in this website, are all new things and new lesson for us this very increase knowledge becomes more widely, thank you very much for the information provided.

    cara alami menyembuhkan kista endometriosis
    cara alami menyembuhkan stroke ringan
    obatsyarafkejepit.org
    obattbctradisional.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...