Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF #25 - Love Stories

Friday, February 10, 2012 with 6 comments


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!  In this weekly feature, Ginger poses a question to her followers and then asks everyone to link up at the end of the post, sharing their responses.




This Friday's Question:

Love Stories: What are some of your favorite fictional love stories?



City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
Jace & Clary from The Mortal Instruments

Ah, the tortured, star-crossed lovers.  Even after four books, they still can't be together easily, no matter how much I want that for them.  I love that Jace's love for Clary makes him a better person and that it makes Clary stronger than she ever thought she could be.




 
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Karou & Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone

I love a good love story that transcends time and dimensions and anything else it encounters a long the way.  Even after everything Karou has been through, she finds her way back to Akiva.  And despite that ending, I think they will eventually find their way to each other again.




 
If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
Kaylee & Tod from Soul Screamers

I loved Tod from the beginning.  I thought Kaylee and Nash were good together, but I always had a soft spot for Tod and could tell he had feelings for Kaylee.  It showed even through his arrogance and sarcasm.  I just knew they had to end up together eventually.  And the sacrifice he made for her!  Be still my heart!




The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)
Jay & Violet from The Body Finder

I think the sweet, nurturing relationship Jay and Violet have should be a role model for all book relationships.  Yeah, I like the drama-filled relationships, too, but every girl needs a guy who's really going to be there for her, through thick and thin.  And for Violet, that guy is Jay.  Rafe may intrigue her, but in the end, I think Jay and Violet will come out on top.  I'm hoping, anyway...



The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)
Gabry & Eli from The Forest of Hands and Teeth

This is one of my favorite series EVER.  Despite being chased by ravenous hoardes of zombies, a secret past, and being plagued by past loves, Gabry and Eli find comfort in each other.  It gives one hope that when the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us, we'll all find our own Eli's to keep us safe.





So, who are some of your favorite literary couples?  I'll be honest.  It was hard to narrow down this list...I really can't help falling for all of the couples I read about.  :)


6 comments:

  1. Great picks! I have heard so much about the mortal instruments series. Can't wait to start reading it!
    And I agree- Jay and Violet from The Body Finder are sweet and adorable. What a beautiful romance!

    Visit my TGIF here: http://www.thewindypages.com/2012/02/tgif-at-greads-14.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first three on your list -- I have all of them on my TBR, though! Happy Reading, Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.. I totally agree with Gabry and Eli.. I love that series soooo much.. started my whole zombie obsession.. I'm so sad that she isn't writing more.. at least at the moment.. I need more damnit!

    I really need to get to the body finder, I have 1 and 2 on the shelf..

    Akiva.. I have yet to meet this fella.. today perhaps.. Ive been reading this slow. It's friday though, and I doubt I'll be doing much work this afternoon.. so diving into it for sure.. I'm just so intrigued with the whole book so far.. and i'm not even that far in.

    Ahhh, Jace and clary. I still need to read COFA... aka.. moral of my comment is.. i'm a fucking slacker. lol

    I love me a good romance though.. I loved TJ and Annas romance from On the Island.. I'm still obsessing over that book, but I can't post my review will march for the tour. <3

    Now I'm just blabbing.. what can I say that gross and innapropriate.. hmmm...

    I wonder if Clarys carpet matches the drapes.. or maybe we would never know.. maybe she has a buff muff.. she zaps that shit off with those little things she draws.. gosh I'm gonna need to refresh before continuing this series.

    I'm leaving now.. bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...I was like, wow, she left a normal comment, nothing inappropriate to see here, and then BAM! :P

      I had a zombie obsession before TFoHaT, but that series solidified it for me. BTW, have you seen the trailer for the new Resident Evil movie? Love those. If they come on tv, I have to watch. That Alice is one kick-a$$, zombie-killing machine.

      Oh, Akiva...with the dark lids that make him look like he's wearing kohl around his eyes and his bronze skin...uh, oh. I'm swooning again. He's partly why I read AND listened to it within a month of each other. I'm glad you're taking your time with it. It's really an awesome read. I can't wait to discuss it with you.

      Oh, geez...they do have runes for everything, tho. :P

      Delete
  4. I have only read the first three books in the Soul Screamer series, but I am re-reading them for a challenge. If Kaylee and Tod get together, I definitely need to read faster!

    Forest of Hands and Teeth is one of my all time favorite series EVER! I love the relationship between Gabby and Eli!

    I have only read the first Mortal Instruments, which is horrible and I need to get my butt in gear. Same with the Body Finder series, which I have yet to start. They are all on my list, I just need to get to them faster. Great Answers!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I love The Mortal Instuments and loved Jace & Clary so much that I wanted them to be together even w/all the family stuff (gross, I know).
    DoSaB blew me away. I loved Akiva and Karou. The ending killed me!
    As for the Soul Screamers. Yeah...w/Tod and Nash in the mix, it's "Swoon City".
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...