Saturday, February 11, 2012

In My Mailbox #18

Saturday, February 11, 2012 with 8 comments

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.



This week was one of steals & deals for me:

First, Audible was having another of their awesome sales.  This time, it was for first books in popular series.  Gee, thanks, Audible.  Way to reel me in and guarantee I'll buy the rest of these awesome series.  (Honestly, though, great business practice.  :P)  The sale ends on 2/14, so check it out soon if you think you might be interested.  So, here's what I picked up in the way of audiobooks:

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield
The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Storm Born by Richelle Mead


Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)Leviathan (Leviathan, #1)The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1)
 

I know what you're thinking.  This woman hasn't read ANY of these series yet?!?  Yeah, I'm a little behind.  But I know a good opportunity when I see one.  And I definitely use audiobooks to get caught up on older series that I've apparently been missing out on.  Any others you'd suggest I try out?

My other steal was Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey, which I picked up for $3.98 at Barnes & Noble when I was pre-ordering Lady and the Tramp for my little girl.  Happy Valentine's Day to both of us, right?  :)

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)

And then, of course, here are my ebook deals from this week:

Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Half-Blood by Jeniifer L. Armentrout
Cloaked by Alex Flinn
Angelfall by Susan Ee

Cold KissHalf-Blood (Covenant, #1)
CloakedAngelfall


So, did you get any Valentine's Day treats for yourself this week?




 

8 comments:

  1. I’ve been considering Leviathan for a while now, but it’s one of those I am always on the edge about so I will be looking forward to your thoughts.
    I am reading Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side right now and I am LOVING it.
    Looks like you got a ton of great stuff! Good IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, First Grave... *SQUEE* Im soo in love with that series! Enjoy! :-)

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-28-e-book-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I haven't bought anything in a week so I'm going nuts!
    +New Follower

    - Kimberly @ www.turningthepagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome book haul! I want to read the Darynda Jones books, iveheard they're so good. Half-Blood is great, so is Cold Kiss. I have Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark side. I've heard it's great. I can't waitto see what you think of all these.
    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I am so excited for you!! I love Chicagoland Vamps and Angelfall in particular, so I can't wait to hear what you think of those. I keep meaning to read Darynda Jones and Leviathan, too. :)

    Wendy
    The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwe, that's cute that you got her lady and the tramp. aubrey wont sit through movies like that.. The only movie she sits through is tangled. And even that's only sometimes.. brat. lol

    yay for all the audio books. I really have to give them a try again, but I dont get the opportunity to listen.. My drive to work isn't too long.. but maybe I'll try another.. you have inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...