Sunday, February 5, 2012

In My Mailbox #17

Sunday, February 5, 2012 with 13 comments

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.




Won:

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - from Jen at I Read Banned Books, signed by author + swag

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)


Purchased:

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate



A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)Angel Fire
Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5)


I know, I know.  I've already read, or am currently reading, three of these titles.  What can I say?  I like pretty books, and I like how they look on my shelves.  Plus, I'm a little obsessive-compulsive, and I need to have complete series on my shelves, preferably in the same format as other titles in the series, but I'll take what I can get sometimes.

So...what was waiting for you in your mailbox this week?

13 comments:

  1. Yay A Million Suns. I haven't bought my finished copy yet. I was going to.. but now I think I'll just wait till I got to her signing.

    I'm like that too with series.. I need to have the whole thing on my shelf.. it's obsessive. :)

    Still get creeped out by that cover of Incarnate. I will never understand why she has shit growing out of her face.. it's like rainbow fan zits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was mad when I finished Incarnate. She said, "I want you to read the one with the butterfly!!!" and proceeded to throw a fit.

      I guess I should've waited till the signing, but I had pre-ordered AMS even before you offered to let me borrow your ARC. :0/

      Delete
    2. Well, you could always just get another one just for your shelf.

      lol at your daughter. Aubrey gets that way about books too. She doesn't like Daughter of Smoke and Bones. the mask is scary she says.

      Delete
    3. You've seen my shelves...I don't need any extras. :P Besides, I think as long as you buy ONE book from one of the authors at the signing, they usually let you get whatever else you brought signed. They just want you to buy something, ya know? The only one I don't have, tho, is Born Wicked, and I had actually planned to get that one for my Nook. I may not even make it to the signing, though. My mom is going out of town & if the hubs has to work, I won't have anyone to watch Katie. :(

      Just make fun of it like you always do...then maybe she won't be scared? Give it some Rapunzel hair like you rocked in you IMM. That should do it. :P

      Delete
  2. Great haul!! Incarnate is amazing, so is Hallowed!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've almost gotten Hallowed like 3 times and just haven't. I don't know why, I think I'm just scared I won't like it.

    And I really need to read Across the Universe and A Million Suns! I've heard great things about both.

    Great haul and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Hallowed even more than Unearthly, and that's a lot because I LOVED Unearthly. ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know...I want to go home and read it, but that thing is HUGE! :D I'm going to have to set aside a good chunk of time for that one...

      Delete
  5. Hee. I bought Hallowed too, even though I read it as a galley as well. :) I should really read the Beth Revis books, I like sci fi a lot, so it sounds like it's right up my alley. Happy reading, Jeannette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help myself. Plus, that is a series I am guaranteed to re-read. Also, it just looks pretty on my shelf. My shelves would be sad without that series. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...