Wednesday, January 27, 2016

{WOW} Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 with 3 comments




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: Wild Swans
Author: Jessica Spotswood
Series: n/a
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: May 3, 2016

Add to Goodreads
The summer before Ivy’s senior year is going to be golden; all bonfires, barbeques, and spending time with her best friends. For once, she will just get to be. No summer classes, none of Granddad’s intense expectations to live up to the family name. For generations, the Milbourn women have lead extraordinary lives—and died young and tragically. Granddad calls it a legacy, but Ivy considers it a curse. Why else would her mother have run off and abandoned her as a child?

But when her mother unexpectedly returns home with two young daughters in tow, all of the stories Ivy wove to protect her heart start to unravel. The very people she once trusted now speak in lies. And all of Ivy’s ambition and determination cannot defend her against the secrets of the Milbourn past…

What is it about the first Tuesday of May that makes it the primo new release day of Spring? I mean, do you know how many books I'm anticipating that release on that day, this book included? Too many to name right now. Also, I'm feeling lazy.

But in all seriousness, I am very intrigued by this book. I really enjoyed the first book in her Cahill Witch series, and though I've yet to pick up the second book, I own it and very much plan to continue that series. After only one book, I know that I like the author's writing style, and I can't wait to see what she does with this story of family curses and obligations and wayward mothers.


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



3 comments:

  1. This one is already on my TBR. LOVED her witch series and cannot wait to try something new from her. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this one around. It looks good. I haven't read this author. I hope you enjoy it. My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting story, not sure it will be my cup of tea though. I hope you can get it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...