Friday, January 29, 2016

The Disney Princess Book Tag

Friday, January 29, 2016 with 1 comment


I don't know where this tag originated from or where I first saw it, but I love Disney princess stories, so I thought I'd give it a go. =)



Pride and Prejudice has long been a favorite of mine. It surprises me how long it's been since I've given it a re-read, though. But I guess when you've already found your own Mr. Darcy, it's not as pressing to read about Elizabeth finding hers. ;0)


When I was younger, it was much easier for me to stay up all night to finish a good book. These days...not so much. But when I read Wink Poppy Midnight earlier this year, I did so from beginning to end, which means I was up to the wee hours with it. And I don't regret a thing.


In I'll Meet You There, Skylar lives a dreary existence, making sacrifice upon sacrifice in order to help her mother make ends meet. But she's also striving to go to college and study art and get as far away from her small-town life as possible. This is easily one of my favorite contemporary novels.


I could have just said Pride and Prejudice here, too, but I thought I'd simply pick another favorite of mine by Jane Austen. Emma is quirky and funny and adorable. I just love how she tries to play matchmaker throughout the novel.


Illuminae was probably my favorite book of 2015. That Kady was sassy and snarky and selfless and just so freaking awesome. She was clever as all get out and I can't wait to see her make an appearance in the next book!


Dumplin' features an overweight protagonist who decides to flout social norms and enter a beauty contest. against all odds. And it was kind of awesome. :D


Passenger was a little slow to start, much like your typical roller coaster, but then it was full of twists and turns and threw me for a loop there at the end. I still don't know if I've recovered from that ending yet!


Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic is probably one of THE most kickass female characters I've ever encountered. I just re-read this book, and I'm still in awe of her amazing character. And I'm sure she'll be even more spectacular in the sequel!


Puck Connolly is one of my favorite characters ever. She's strong-willed and goes after what she wants -- even when others tell her she can't. Puck works hard to get her "pony" ready for The Scorpio Races and what happens next is all on her.


I'll Give You the Sun is like a work of art, the writing is so beautiful and poignant. But it also features several artist-types: sculptors and painters and photographers alike. Just thinking about it makes me want to break out my paints again.


The mother-daughter relationship in 99 Days is not good, but you don't really find out why until you've been reading for awhile. And then you kind of understand. The mother-daughter relationship is complex, anyway, without your mother putting your life on display for the world to see.


The Garrett family is one of my all-time favorites in YA. They're raucous and fun and just super close. They take care of each other. There's so many of them that they have to. ;-) But I really liked how Alice and Jase interacted best, with Alice looking out for Jase where Sam was concerned. Even in the companion/sequel, you can still see that their bond is deep.


So, that was fun. =D Not tagging anybody because I don't like to make folks feel obligated, but feel free to post your own!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I love Disney and love books, so I had a lot of fun when I did this one, too! I agree that Illuminae, and especially Kady, was so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...