Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Weekend Update - 9.5.15

Saturday, September 5, 2015 with 7 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)
This week was no less stressful than last week, but it was somehow a bit more hopeful, even though I spent the latter part of it recovering from the plague my sister cast upon my house.

Soccer practice started for Katie on Tuesday, and I can tell you she's probably wishing she'd been a little more active this summer. That coach is gonna run them ragged! :D Though, you wouldn't know it from that picture of her to the right. :P Board goalie is BORED.

I think the house-hunting is over, but now the not-so-fun part of buying a house begins. Wish us luck because Katie's already planning where she's going to put cages for the bunnies she wants to start raising. :) That kid gets something in her mind and it sticks. Lol.

As for reading, I think the whole world spent Tuesday and more catching up with our favorite fire-wielding bad-ass. I know I sure did. And I loveloveLOVE where Sarah has taken this series. If you haven't started reading the Throne of Glass books, now is as good a time as any. :0)

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:

After last week's inundation of review copies, it was nice not to add any more to my already toppling TBR pile. :P

Gifted/Won:




Not to brag or anything, but I seriously have the BEST #otspsecretsister EVAR!!!! First, she was worried about sending her package late, so she sent me another awesome ebook that I've been wanting to read. And, like, I swear it was the very next day that this amazing Harry Potter-themed package arrived full of so much goodness and joy! The package itself was so creative and thoughtful and like nothing I expected, addressed to me from Harry with all of these stamps and she even decorated the inside of the box. You can see more on my Instagram or Twitter feeds. Her letter, tho. And that I Think I Am in Friend Love With You book. I can already tell that she is such an amazing person and someone I can't wait to get to know better. =D

Traded:

Nothing this week. I think I'm done with the #booksfortrade for now. Too much drama over there. I might post a Have You Seen This? again soon to seek out those coveted older ARCs, but with moving and everything else, I really don't have the time (or energy) to foster any more trades right now that aren't super-beneficial to my shelves and collection.

Freebies:



I've read this and it was pure and utter brilliance, though I expect nothing less from Victoria Schwab. However, when one is offered a copy of this audiobook for free for joining a group, one does not say no.

Purchased:

With #otspsecretsister in full force, I've had to be really good and institute a book-buying ban for myself. So far, it's going well. Though, I did pre-order quite a bit when all those books went on sale on Amazon -- and in order to get some of that awesome swag being offered. :D

One of those being THIS awesomeamazingwonderful monstrosity:



You can find my review below. =)


So, that's my haul. :) How about you? What did you get this week?


The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)The Weight of FeathersQueen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)Come Back to Me

Current Giveaways:

Queen of Shadows Release Day Blitz


Promotional/Discussion Posts:  

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:


I Remember YouSix of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)I haven't had much time to read this week, and when I did have time, I was sick and didn't feel like it, but from what I've read so far -- and from what I know of Leigh Bardugo's other series -- I am going to effing love this. =D





I've been going through a ton of audio lately, so I was trying to find something good that I hadn't read yet when I stumbled across this at the library. It reminds me a bit of Tamara Ireland Stone's series, but I like it well enough on its own. Also, why is it that it's always the guy who gets to time travel or see the future in this type of story?


Upcoming Reviews:


Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2)The Anatomical Shape of a HeartLair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D




7 comments:

  1. I'm actually enjoying Queen of Shadows. I totally am loving it. Looks like your kid is going to be enjoying soccer.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Harry Potter haul. Hope the house stuff goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lion Heart was EXCELLENT and HEARTBREAKING. I really hope you enjoy it!

    I loved ADSOM and I bet it's awesome on audio. I should give it a listen sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic haul! I hope you'll enjoy these. :) happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter is the best! I still have yet to add the library books to my collection. Have an awesome week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently got a copy of Throne of Glass, finally, and I need to get around to reading it! Hope you have a great week coming up!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...