Wednesday, July 15, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: The Skylighter
Author: Becky Wallace
Series: The Keepers' Chronicles, book #2
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Publication Date: March 22, 2016

Add to Goodreads
Johanna and Rafi are in a race against time to save their country before a power-mad Keeper destroys everything they hold dear in the “enthralling magical world” (Cinda Williams Chima, author of The Heir Chronicles) introduced in The Storyspinner.

As the last of the royal line, Johanna is the only person who can heal a magical breach in the wall that separates her kingdom of Santarem from the land of the Keepers, legendary men and women who wield elemental magic. The barrier protects Santarem from those Keepers who might try to take power over mere humans…Keepers who are determined to stop Johanna and seize the wall’s power for themselves.

And they’re not the only ones. As the duchys of Santarem descend into war over the throne, Johanna relies more than ever on the advice of her handsome companion, Lord Rafael DeSilva. But Rafi is a duke too, and his people come first. As their friendship progresses into the beginnings of a tender relationship, Johanna must wonder: is Rafi looking out for her happiness, or does he want the throne for himself?

With war on the horizon, Johanna and Rafi dodge treacherous dukes and Keeper assassins as they race to through the countryside, determined to strengthen the wall before it’s too late…even if it means sacrificing their happiness for the sake of their world.

I was late to The Storyspinner party, but I borrowed a copy from my library and now I want a copy for my own shelf. That, and the sequel in my hands stat. I just love fantasy, and Wallace's story of secrets and power-hungry magic-wielders and circus performers is so my kind of book. And now I need to find out what happens to Johanna and Rafi. (Also, I have never met a character named Raphael -- shortened to Rafi, Rafa, Raffe, Rafe, etc. -- that I haven't liked. :D)


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



7 comments:

  1. I've seen this on a couple other posts this week, and it makes me really want to catch up to the storyspinner party that I have yet to become a part of!! I've seen so many people raving about it, and I really hope you like this one a lot when it comes out!!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN! I need this book so bad. I loved The Storyspinner and I'm so glad you enjoyed it too. It's such a creative fantasy with amazing characters. I need The Skylighter immediately. Great pick!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    P.S. I also haven't met a character named Raphael (or any version of the name) that I didn't like. Especially the Ninja Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read The Storyspinner! I've heard a lot of good things about it. I hope you enjoy this!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I've heard great things about The Storyspinner but I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE SKYLIGHTER OMG. I am so excited for the second book! I totally inhaled The Storyspinner and ending up falling in love with it. Can't wait for more from Becky Wallace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cover. I have the first book but have not read it. I hope you enjoy this! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I've heard of this series before. Sounds interesting. Hope you get it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...