Sunday, July 5, 2015

I'm Back! Yay!

Sunday, July 5, 2015 with 3 comments

Hi Everyone!!!

I announced in early June that I would be taking a bit of a break. June is always a busy month for me, but even more so this year because of everything I had going on in my personal life. I am, back, but I may still be sporadic this month, as the renovations we are having done on the house finally start next week. My husband and I are so excited for this, you have no idea. 

 I really missed having something to do when I sat down at the computer to be honest. lol. And I missed Jen of course. We've lost touch a bit this month and we never want that to happen again. The break was amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone who is in a rut. 

I read a few good books this month. I can't wait to tell you all about them. I'm still going to stick with just reading what I want. A few with be review books I've been dying to get my hands one, but also books I've just had sitting in kindle storage. I finally read "Isla and the Happily Ever After!" I liked it! Not as much as her others, but I'll go into that further when I review it. :)

I don't think that I will be participating in STS every week now that I'm back. I've really cut down on buying books because house repairs.. are expensive!!!! : )

The most important thing that happened in June, and one of the main reasons I wanted to take a break, was my grandparents came to stay with us. As well as a few cousins. Our house was packed and my hands were full. Back in May when we went to Disney, my grandfather had a stroke. He's doing okay. It's affected him mentally for the most part, physically he gets around as good as you can expect from an 85 year old. They live in KY, so I don't see them very often. This trip was very special and I wanted to put all my focus on them.


It was a pretty busy weekend too, because Aubrey had her dance recital. They were so happy they were able to see it. Also, they were here to celebrate Aubrey's 7th birthday and it was just so special.


So that's what I've been busy with. It was a fantastic month, but I'm glad things are settling down and I can be back. :)

I hope that you all had a wonderful Fourth of July! We spent it in the immediate care with Aubrey, because of course that's how we spend Holidays here in our household. Poor little thing couldn't even stay up for fireworks, but we are hoping she's on the mend.






3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad your back! I know I don't visit the blog much despite being an email follower but wanted to stop by. That is a good approach to reading and later reviewing books. Checking out only what interests you particularly to stave off book blogging ruts. Sorry about your grandfather. Hope he gets back to his old self again one day. Your grandparents look cute so best of luck.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...