Wednesday, July 29, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: The Impostor Queen
Author: Sarah Fine
Series: stand-alone (?)
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Publication Date: January 5, 2016

Add to Goodreads
Sixteen-year-old Elli was a small child when the Elders of Kupari chose her to succeed the Valtia, the queen who wields infinitely powerful ice and fire magic. Since then, Elli has lived in the temple, surrounded by luxury and tutored by magical priests, as she prepares for the day when the Valtia perishes and the magic finds a new home in her. Elli is destined to be the most powerful Valtia to ever rule.

But when the queen dies defending the kingdom from invading warriors, the magic doesn’t enter Elli. It’s nowhere to be found.

Disgraced, Elli flees to the outlands, the home of banished criminals—some who would love to see the temple burn with all its priests inside. As she finds her footing in this new world, Elli uncovers devastating new information about the Kupari magic, those who wield it, and the prophecy that foretold her destiny. Torn between the love she has for her people and her growing loyalty to the banished, Elli struggles to understand the true role she was meant to play. But as war looms, she must align with the right side—before the kingdom and its magic are completely destroyed.

First of all, I will always, always read a new Sarah Fine book. Her stories are so inventive and evocative and just amazing, and her characters always face such hardships. And a story about a girl who is not the chosen one? Yesh! I cannot wait for this. I've been taking my sweet time with Of Dreams and Rust just because I don't have another Sarah Fine book in my possession yet...


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



6 comments:

  1. I love the cover to this one! I been seeing is around a lot the past couple of weeks and I am taken a real interest in it. Great pick!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover though! This looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat cover! Very intriguing :) I hope to see you around my blog ;)

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I'm reading my first Sarah Fine book at the moment, Of Metal and Wishes, and loving it. I want to read some more of her work. I hear the Shadowlands series is good and this one sounds fantastic.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this sounds awesome...and that cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaasss, new Sarah Fine! I've read eight (or nine?) of her books, and it is time for a new one! I hope you this one when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Jen :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...