Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Weekend Update - 7.4.15

Saturday, July 4, 2015 with 8 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)




Happy 4th to those of you in the States, and just a plain ole happy Saturday to everyone else! :) We'll be BBQing and drinking and setting some stuff on fire later today, but I'm going to try to sneak some reading in before the festivities begin. Hope you're all reading something great this weekend, too! :D


Anyway, here's what I scored this week:

For Review:



Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
Nothing But the Truth by Mandy Hubbard
The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle

Traded/Gifted:



Illluminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - Now I have both ARCs for my collection!!! :D
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

I just can't help myself…I love trading and I love #booksfortrade. =)

Library:

Still waiting for some holds to come in, so I didn't snag anything this week.

Purchased:

Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1)Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)

After reading Illuminae last week, I had to grab these on audio. I'd always heard how great this series was, and now I know for myself: it's pretty fantastic.

Freebies:

I wasn't really interested in this week's SYNC audiobooks, but you can find out more on how to download them for free yourselves here. :)


So, that's my haul. :) How about you? What did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

My Life Next Door (My Life Next Door, #1)


Current Giveaways:

The Blog Most Likely To

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

Kinslayer (The Lotus War, #2)Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)Good God, this is taking me forever to read. I'd planned to finish it and review the series on Friday, but I'm having to force myself to read it. Which is sad because I really liked the rest of the series. :(








I pretty much loved Stormdancer, so I had to immediately start Kinslayer upon finishing. I don't think Jay Kristoff likes happy endings, though. :( I'm worried...


Upcoming Reviews:

Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)





Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D



8 comments:

  1. Six of Crows! So jealous! Great haul this week, I hope you enjoy them all! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just got Six of Crows, Illuminae, and Walk On Earth A Stranger! Super excited! I liked Nevermore but Enshadowed dragged for me so I worry Oblivion will drag for me too.

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Million Miles Away was amazing! It was a literal punch in the feels. Insanely jealous for Six of Crows, I am dying to get my hands on that one. Great haul!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I can't wait for Illuminae and Walk On Earth a Stranger! They sound so amazing. Have a great fourth of July weekend!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG OMG SIX OF CROWS!! I can't wait for that one. *flails* Although I haven't read Ruin and Rising yet but I ordered it with a gift voucher and daaang, why is postage so slow. The wait is making me chew off my fingernails. heheh. And I've heard Saint Anything is marvellous.
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! Where did you get that Lair of Dreams? I need it! So jealous. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stack of books. I always love when I get surprise books in the mail.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous that you have ARCs of Walk on Earth a Stranger, Six of Crows, and Illuminae! I hope you enjoy them! I'm impatiently waiting until they're released! Great haul!

    My StS

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...