Wednesday, October 22, 2014





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selections are...








's Pick:




Title: Crimson Bound
Author: Rosamund Hodge
Series: n/a
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: May 5th, 2015

Add to Goodreads
When Rachelle was fifteen she was good—apprenticed to her aunt and in training to protect her village from dark magic. But she was also reckless— straying from the forest path in search of a way to free her world from the threat of eternal darkness. After an illicit meeting goes dreadfully wrong, Rachelle is forced to make a terrible choice that binds her to the very evil she had hoped to defeat.

Three years later, Rachelle has given her life to serving the realm, fighting deadly creatures in an effort to atone. When the king orders her to guard his son Armand—the man she hates most—Rachelle forces Armand to help her find the legendary sword that might save their world. As the two become unexpected allies, they uncover far-reaching conspiracies, hidden magic, and a love that may be their undoing. In a palace built on unbelievable wealth and dangerous secrets, can Rachelle discover the truth and stop the fall of endless night?

Inspired by the classic fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood, Crimson Bound is an exhilarating tale of darkness, love, and redemption.

(This is a standalone novel, not part of the Cruel Beauty Universe.)

Earlier this year I listened to the audio for Cruel Beauty. I loved it! I'm surprised that this title isn't linked to that one at all, just based on the cover. The cover is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but the fact that it's so similar to Cruel Beauty... there will be readers who will assumed. Regardless, I think Hodge is an incredible writer and I'm excited to see how she retells Little Red Riding Hood.





's Pick:





Title: Things We Know By Heart
Author: Jessi Kirby
Series: n/a
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: April 21, 2015

Add to Goodreads
Quinn Sullivan lost the love of her life when her boyfriend, Trent, died in an accident their junior year. In an attempt to get closure, she reached out to the recipients of his donated organs. Though some answered her letters, the one Quinn feels matters most--the person who received Trent's heart--has been silent.

Nineteen-year-old Colton Thomas has spent the last several years in and out of hospitals waiting for a heart transplant. Now that he's finally received a new heart, Colton is regaining strength, and he's walking away from his bedridden past with no intention of looking back. He doesn't want to know about the person who had to die so that he could live. He only wants to move forward.

But Quinn can't let it go. Venturing outside the system to find Colton, Quinn takes a risk in hopes of finally laying her memories to rest. But what begins as an innocent conversation quickly becomes an attraction--and to make matters worse, Colton has no idea how they're connected. His zest for life pulls Quinn from her months of sorrow but leaves her torn between honesty and utter betrayal. Because no matter how hard she's falling for Colton, each beat of his heart reminds her of all she's lost.
I just love this simple yet adorable cover! And although this sounds like a Lurlene McDaniel book I read when I was a tween, I think I'll probably love this book much more because it's JESSI KIRBY!!! Her books always leave me with the feels and yet are uplifting at the same time.


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



7 comments:

  1. Both have cool covers and intriguing blurbs. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cruel Beauty is on my tbr so definitely looking forward to Crimson Beauty! great picks :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cruel Beauty is on my tbr so definitely looking forward to Crimson Beauty! great picks :)
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things We Know By Heart sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing. I am adding it to my TBR right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Crimson Bound very badly! I loved Cruel Beauty so, so much - I couldn't put it down! Hopefully this re-telling works out as well as the last one :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books sound really good. I hope you both enjoy your picks this week.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are two books I can't wait to read! Golden by Kirby is one of my favorite books, so I hope I love Things I Know By Heart just as much. I haven't read Cruel Beauty, but Crimson Bound sounds more up my ally anyway.
    Thanks for sharing, girls!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...