Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Series We Want to Start

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 with 11 comments



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is the Top New Series I Want To Start (new..let's say within the last year or two).


April's Picks:

When I saw the subject of this TTT, I got with Jen and told her that there aren't really any new series books coming out right now that I'm dying to read, because I have so many old series books I own and haven't been able to get to. So I'm mixing it up a bit and sharing the series books I so badly wanted to get to, but never started and now they are all out already. I suck. lol.


Jen's Picks:

Since I pretty much read what I want, when I want, I've started all of the new series I want to, with the exception of those coming in 2015. So, I decided to take it back more than a year or two, though some of these have books with installments that have released recently, so maybe they count? Idk...and I don't care...I do what I want. :P


I've heard great things about The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner and I'm kind of dying to see what all the fuss is about. I'm a huge fan of Melina Marchetta's contemporary books, so adding her Lumatere Chronicles to my series TBR list is a given. The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima also comes highly recommended and I obviously need more fantasy in my life. And, of course, I've been hiding under a rock for years apparently because I've never read the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix. But thanks to Sarah J. Maas's obsessive fangirling over Sabriel and being on a panel with the author at Texas Teen Book Festival, I am now destined for this series' greatness. And I now own a signed copy! Woot! :D

And then there are some series that will be kicking off very soon that I just can't wait to start:


I have one of these for review already and a sample of another, but you can be sure that regardless of how I obtain these books, these series will all be started in 2015. =)


Which newish or upcoming series are you hoping to start soon? :D Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!



11 comments:

  1. Great list. I have "Legend" on my list too. I'm also glad to see that mentioned upcoming series. I kept wanting to add those in my Top Ten. Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a few of the same on my top ten. Lumatere Chronicles rock. The best fantasy I have read. Need to read the last book though. Need it on audio. I can't wait to read Red Queen, All Fall Down, and Hold Me Like a Breath. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read so many of those! A Darker Shade of Magic and Red Queen made my list. The Lyburn Legacy, The Legend Trilogy, and Abhorsen are also on my TBR. Great choices!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lumatere Chronicles is beyond words. You need to get on that right away, Jen!

    Lovely compilation, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only book I've read out of these is Shadow & Bone, which is DEFINITELY worth reading. It was so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these series, but the Legend and The Grisha trilogy as well as the Lumatere chronicles are on my to read list. I've heard so many good things about those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty series covers! I actually need to catch up on all of these too. This weeks list was so easy to make, I could have gone on and on. The Ally Carter and VE Schwab series' look especially enticing to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! One of my resolutions is to not start reading a series unless all the books are out (because I hate waiting) or unless it's written by my favorite author. I've been wanting to read Legend but something always comes up. Guess it's time to squeeze it in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. There are quite a few of these series that I really want to read myself - Enclave, Shadow and Bone, Red Queen and The Orphan Queen especially, they look so good. I hope you can get to some of these soon :) TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, Shadow and Bone has been on my TBR list for ages (eons, I swear) and I never got to it. I attempted to started Legend by Marie Lu. I know I didn't DNF it, but I can't remember if it was because schedule or loan issues or... I don't even know. Point is, I definitely want to and try and restart some of these series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree on Hold Me Like a Breath and The Orphan Queen - can't wait to read those!
    I can't recommend the Lumatere Chronicles and the Thief series enough! They are both so wonderful.
    Great list, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...