Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Golden by Jessi Kirby

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 with 28 comments


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title: Golden
Author: Jessi Kirby
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 14, 2013

Seventeen-year-old Parker Frost may be a distant relative of Robert Frost, but she has never taken the road less traveled. Valedictorian and quintessential good girl, she’s about to graduate high school without ever having kissed her crush or broken the rules. So when fate drops a mystery in her lap—one that might be the key to uncovering the truth behind a town tragedy, she decides to take a chance.







Why I'm waiting:  Okay, I'm going to be honest.  I haven't actually read a Jessi Kirby book yet.  But I own both In Honor and Moonglass, and I know plenty of people who love these books.  And what's not to love?  Gorgeous covers, great storylines, relatable characters.  And this newest book from the author sounds perfect for me.  I was that girl.  Well, I was Salutatorian, but same diff.  (Except when I found out I lost Val by 4 one-thousands of a point, I went a little crazy.  :P)

Anyway, I promise to read the two books on my shelf very soon -- they're actually comparatively short next to most of my reads these days -- if the ARC gods might deign to give me an advanced copy of this book.  =)  I'm kidding.  I'll still read them.  I've been wanting to for awhile, hence the ownage.  But I want to read this one most of all.  :D

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

28 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the authors works yet either, but I love a good mystery!

    Our WoW is at the new Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blurb says basically nothing... oO But it does sound intersting! I can see why you're waiting. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't pick up also any of her books but I plan too! I love the cover and all her books sound so good!

    Happy Reading!
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-19-born-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get started on this book. I loved In Honor. I have not read Moonglass yet but its on my list too.Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh awesome pick! This book sounds so unique and interesting, and I'm not really into contemporaty, but this book seems like a wuick, fun, summer-y read. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe I've seen this up on either Edelweiss or Netgalley. Looks like a fluffy summer type read.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything from this author yet either. I've heard so many great things about In Honor though and have it on my TBR. This one sounds good too! Have a great Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything from this author either but I've heard so many great things about her previous books so I'll definitely be checking out her books. Great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo... this does look good. I love a good mystery... and I love the cover too. :)

    P.S. - Moonglass is one I've been meaning to pick up for a while now too, but just never have. :P lol

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This definitely does sound great. I haven't read anything by this author either, but I have a feeling that will now change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to read this one too. Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds great.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havent read a Jessi Kirby book yet either. This sounds like a good one to start with :)

    Laura my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Be careful what you wish for... those arcs show up and then you never catch up. I haven't read this author yet either and I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read both of her books and requested this on Edelweiss and ... still waiting to hear. *cries* But if I get a physical ARC, I'll share :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! This sounds like a wonderful book and it's a stand alone! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven´t read any from this author. Nice pick!
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to this, too--it was/is my "beautiful cover of the week." Which reminds me, I need to pick a new one, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so good! I love the premise of it. Here's my WoW post. http://christyscozycorners.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-dance-of-red-death.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I am loving the sound of this book and it has a pretty cover!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  21. I heard great things about In Honor but I haven't read any of her books either. They do sound awesome! I am curious about the mystery she wants to solve! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, I have those books & haven't read then either!! But I know I want this. Looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love the cover must read it :)

    Tammy @http://loveyabooksforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never heard of this one, but I kind of was that girl for a while - always pushing and pushing myself and never allowing myself anything dangerous/stupid. Now I'm wondering what that town tragedy might be...
    I'm in love with the cover by the way! All those warm colors make me think of late summer/early fall :)
    Thanks for stopping by yesterday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've read both Moonglass and In Honor, and they were enjoyable. This sounds like a lot of fun. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...