Friday, January 25, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own four-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads






"I think it's about a girl jumping up to grab a boy from the rain cloud that was sucking him in.  And she just jumped and got him and pulled him to the ground."










Cover Art

Tempest as envisioned by Katie

I gotta admit, when I first saw this cover, I thought it might be weather-related, too, especially with a title like Tempest.  They've since changed the covers for this series, though...maybe because of that?


Have you read Tempest?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

Be sure to stop by and enter to win your own copy of Tempest and/or Vortex (depending on your location) at my stop of the Back to the Future Giveaway Hop!  Also, my review of the Vortex audiobook will be going up later today, so be sure to check that out, as well.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Loved her answer. Very appropriate based on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love how we had similar books for them this week. That drawing really shows what she was thinking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this weekly feature! I look forward to it every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute! I love this idea. Too bad I don't have my own kid to do this for me, too haha. I can't wait to see what Katie comes up with for the next cover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...