Wednesday, January 23, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title: Arclight
Author: Josin L. McQuein
Series: n/a
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: April 23, 2013

No one crosses the wall of light . . . except for one girl who doesn’t remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived. A harrowing, powerful debut thriller about finding yourself and protecting your future—no matter how short and uncertain it may be.

The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can’t get in. Outside the Arclight’s border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man’s-land. That’s where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced or the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She’s the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who’s determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.

When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn’t even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again?


Why I'm waiting:  So, I honestly haven't seen much fanfare for Arclight, but personally, I love a good thriller centering around someone who's lost their memories.  And that tagline:  No one is safe when the lights go out.  Creepy, right?  I need to know what the Arclight is, what the Fade is, and what Marina has to do with any of it.

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

21 comments:

  1. That cover is gorgeous. I have a thing for colors! I haven't come across this one, but I am going to check it out.. Thanks for sharing :)

    -Tabby @Insightful Minds Reviews
    -Check out my Waiting on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Agree with Tabby, that cover is fab!

    Heres my WoW -

    RobynLeanne @ Faitytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover too! Sounds like a great read!

    Here's My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is really unique! I'm also curious about what the Fade is now and about the setting in general. Sci-fi? Dystopian? Fantasy? This is one case where I'd like some more summary in a review to clear things up a bit, but I think we'll have to wait a little longer for those ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also very very excited for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! This one sounds so good! Hope you enjoy it!!

    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-18-unravel-me-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good. The synopsis doesnt give much away about the book so i need to know more.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice, I can't wait to get my hands on this one either. Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't come across this one yet. I will definitely check it out. It sounds very gripping and full of suspense... I love that! :) Great cover too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound creepy, Jen. Can't wait to see what you think of it. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh this sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one DOES sound good! 'The Fade' sound creepy...I wonder what they are. Great pick! :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    <3 Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this on NetGalley! It does look really interesting so I hope you get this one.

    Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this one, really creepy and thrilling, which are the kind of books I love to read! The cover is stunning too, and really eye-catching. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ve never heard of this one but it sounds really awesome. Love the cover.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm. This is the first I'm hearing of this book, but it really does look good! Memory-loss books are usually hit or miss for me, but this one just might work out.

    Awesome pick!!

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice pick. This one seems to have a lot going on, and I do like the tag line. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was almost my pick this week! Really excited for it. I signed up for the ARC tour, but not enough people signed up and it was canceled. *cries* Oh well! 3 more months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cover for this one, it's so pretty! The summary also sounds very intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a sucker for amnesia thrillers, too! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...