Wednesday, May 23, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Scent of Magic

Title:  Scent of Magic
Author:  Maria V. Snyder
Series:  2nd book in the Healer series
Publisher:  MiraBooks/Harlequin Teen
Publication Date:  scheduled for end of 2012

As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avery of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of her friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomanical King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avery is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confident, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle.

Though she should be in hiding, Avery will do whatever she can to support Tohon’s opponents. Including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon’s most horrible creations yet; an army of the walking dead - human and animal alike and nearly impossible to defeat.

War is coming and Avery is alone. Unless she figures out how to do the impossible ... again.


Why I'm waiting:  First and foremost, I loved Touch of Power when I read it at the end of last year.  It was very reminiscent of Snyder's Study series, which was my first foray into her writing, and I was hooked from the very first chapter.  I love how Snyder's heroines are always tough as nails and eager to make things right.  They see the injustices in each of their worlds and strive to overcome.

As to why I'm waiting on this book in particular?  Well, there's Kerrick and his band of merry men.   Oh, and Tohon, Avry's deliciously evil adversary, and his horde of zombies.  And then there's that weird flower.  I think it's safe to say things are about to get very interesting.

Here's the trailer for Touch of Power so you can see for yourself how awesome the storyline is:




Also, you can check out an excerpt from Touch of Power here.

So...what are YOU waiting on this week?  Share it in the comments so I can add it to my TBR, too!  :D

28 comments:

  1. This sounds great! To be honest I've never read any Maria V. Snyder, but I'm definitely interested! Here's my WOW
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she's one of my go-to authors...you simply must check her books out if you love fantasy or sci-fi. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the first book in this series yet but I hope to do so soon! I'm still reading the Study series now and I'm loving those :P

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Study series! Isn't Valek awesome?!? :P

      Delete
  3. I heard about her Touch of Power series. Think I might have to get my hands on them soon!

    Awesome pick :) Here's my WoW! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesome pick. You have no idea how freaking excited I am about this book. I love Maria V. Snyder. My only complaint is that on the cover, the guy does not look like Kerrick. He isn't cute enough. But, other than that, great cover.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's not how I pictured Kerrick either, but I still love the cover. :)

      Delete
  5. This does sound exciting! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED Touch Of Power and I can't wait for the second book.
    The release date is just too far away though !
    Also, I'm not a fan of the cover. I liked the first one so much better. :/

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-19-girl-named.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SOOOO far away! Like, there's not even a definite release date yet. :( Kerrick doesn't look like Kerrick to me, but I still like the cover. But I agree, the first one was better. :P

      Delete
  7. It's really sad that I haven't read anything by Maria Snyder. I heard great things about her books! I need to read one soon. Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it would be a great Fantasy style read. Thanks so much for stopping by My WoW and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in literary love with Maria V. Snyder. I want this book so bad. You don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I DO know. Seriously. The only series I've yet to read of hers is the Glass series. I need this book YESTERDAY. :D

      Delete
  10. I was one of those who was not crazy about the first book, but I am not giving up on the series. I am going to give this one a try for sure. My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I have the first book of this series but still didn't read it yet ... I don't know what I'm waiting for ... anyway, Great Picks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you on this! I cannot wait until it come out!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds cool! I haven't read Touch of Power though. I just looked it up on Goodreads and HOLY CRAP that book has an awesome cover. I've added that book to my wishlist. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pick! I've heard Snyder is amazing and this is a great series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this but it sound interesting :) maybe something like an Robin hood or legend of the seeker .... thanks for sharing this with us.
    My WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2-bea-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her Study series! love Valek! =) I stayed up late into the night just so I could finish Touch Of Power and loved it! Really can't wait to read Scent of Power!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick!!! I have the first book on my kindle and I've heard amazing things about it. It sounds so good. It's always nice to know the sequel is coming before I start a book. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snyder is such an awesome author. I love her writing. Her other books were really good. I did not know she was coming out with anything new ^_^ Great WOW

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I've heard amazing things about book #1! :) I hope you'll like this one just as much. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love witch books. Have you ever read The Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan? It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty cover :D Seems like a great book ;) Hope you enjoy it. :) I have the first book; must read it soon ;p
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. The premise sounds so interesting! I had mixed feelings about the Poison series, but this one sounds promising. Thanks for the heads up, Jeannette!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'll have to go check out your reviews of the Study series...I'm curious to see what aspects didn't wow you. Still, I hope you enjoy this series. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...