Wednesday, May 30, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...


Add to Goodreads

Title:  Days of Blood & Starlight
Author:  Laini Taylor
Series:  2nd book in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series
Publisher:  Little, Brown & Company
Publication Date:  November 6, 2012


In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy."


Why I'm waiting:  After reading DoSaB, I immediately began anticipating the sequel, but then they go and release the cover, and now November can't get here soon enough!  DoSaB was one of my favorite reads last year, combining an awesome fantasy world with our own world and throwing a bit of romance in there for good measure.  It was one of those books I practically read cover-to-cover, and I enjoyed it so much that I listened to the audio a short time after reading the book and loved the story even more the second time around.  I can't wait to find out what Karou's next move will be, especially after the revelations at the end of DoSaB.

If you've read it, what did you think of DoSaB?  And what are you waiting on this week?  Share it in the comments!

13 comments:

  1. Wow great pick! I just read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I loved it, so I'm super excited about this one. The cover is actually better than DoSaB because it's red haha :p

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I really should get on it because this followup book sounds so good.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Can't wait for this one! I loved Karou and Akiva. November..,why you so far away???
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is undoubtedly a lot of people who will read this one, me included. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! I really enjoyed the first one, so of course I'm dying to read this sequel. November seems so far away...
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it was such a great read! I must admit that I really like the cover for this one, it has this lovely dark feel to it that I absolutely adore. I'm so excited to read this one. Fabulous pick! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is alluring...nice pick!

    ~Shane @Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am waiting for this one as well! I can’t wait to get it!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2094

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to read the first book in this series, but I've heard a ton of great things about it. And the cover for this one is so beautiful! I love the colors. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite books of all time, from cover to cover. I didn't think that I could love the new cover as much as I loved DoSaB cover, but I think I may just love the cover of Days of Blood and Starlight even more. And I have no doubt in my mind that I will love whats in that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, LOVE the cover!! This is a new series to me - I'll definitely have to check it out.

    I also noticed you're reading My Life Next Door right now... and I'm soooo jealous!!! That's on my WoW this week! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait for this book, thanks to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously cannot wait for this one. It is in my Top 5 anticipated reads. I'm practically salivating:) Anyway, I think the cover is perfection. It makes me want to go to a masquerade ball!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...