Thursday, May 17, 2012

Awhile on the Pile #1

Thursday, May 17, 2012 with 3 comments

Awhile on the Pile/From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday but was also inspired by Rachel at My Reading Pile/Fiktshun. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review -- or any book that you own and really want to read/review -- but haven't yet got around to reading in order to give the book some extra publicity.


Here's the book I chose to give some extra love this week:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title:  Dark Parties
Author:  Sara Grant
Series:  n/a
Publisher:  Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date:  August 3, 2011
Source:  ARC from publisher

Sixteen-year-old Neva has been trapped since birth. She was born and raised under the Protectosphere, in an isolated nation ruled by fear, lies, and xenophobia. A shield "protects" them from the outside world, but also locks the citizens inside. But there's nothing left on the outside, ever since the world collapsed from violent warfare. Or so the government says...

Neva and her best friend Sanna believe the government is lying and stage a "dark party" to recruit members for their underground rebellion. But as Neva begins to uncover the truth, she realizes she must question everything she's ever known, including the people she loves the most.


You would think that with my addiction to dystopian/post-apocalyptic novels, I'd have moved this one to the top of the pile the minute I got it, but the pile was already pretty intimidating at that point. o.O  I hope to get to this one soon, regardless.  If you've already read it, please share your thoughts in the comments.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Another Dystopian novel to add to my pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice choice! I need to get around to reading this one too - I have heard some very good things about it. Thanks for linking back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one sounds awesome! I haven't heard of it until now, but I hope it's good :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...