Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #8

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 with 5 comments
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  My Life Next Door
Author:  Huntley Fitzpatrick
Series:  n/a
Publisher:  Dial Books for Young Readers
Publication Date:  June 14, 2012
Source:  Netgalley

A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


My teaser:

"Should I be worried?"
I look up at him, my thoughts scattered.  "About what?"
"The fact that you're apparently the one girl on the planet who doesn't tell her best friend everything the moment it happens.  I have sisters, Sam.  I thought that was a rule--the best friend knows all.  Yours didn't even know I existed." -- p. 173 of galley

Ouch!  I doubt she's not telling people about their relationship because she's ashamed, though...

Leave your Tuesday Teaser in the comments so I can stop by!


5 comments:

  1. Awww poor guy! I think it might be she doesn't want someone running off with him ! Great teaser.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man. This looks like a cute contemp. I don't read them very often, but this one keeps catching my eye. And I love that teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved this book so much! I hope you are enjoying it! My TT is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-girl-in-steel-corset-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one! I heard it was really good. The teaser has me interested now. What is wrong with their relationship? My Teaser is from Shadows Gray. It's funny banter between two main characters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...