Saturday, May 7, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)

So, this was one of those weeks where Murphy's Law was in place. Pretty much anything that could go wrong, did. First, there was the road rage incident on Monday. Then, I burned myself something awful taking my lunch out of the microwave at work on Tuesday and could barely type the rest of the day. On Wednesday, I managed to lock myself out of the house. I answered a text in the wrong manner on Thursday and now my older sis won't be flying up to visit for Mother's Day. Oops. But Friday, I survived unscathed, as far as I know. So, to say that I've been looking forward to a peaceful weekend at home would be an understatement. o_O

I did read/listen to some AMAZING books this week, though. Some that I'd been looking forward to for a very long time...that I'd count among my most anticipated books of 2016. So, there's a bright spot in there. =) I'm planning on seeing my momma for a bit on Sunday and then seeing as how it's also MY Mother's Day, I plan to spend the rest of the day just relaxing and reading. Too bad it's supposed to rain tomorrow or I'd spend it in the hammock, being waited on hand and foot by my family. :P

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers:



From Macmillan:
Missy Piggle-Wiggle and the Whatever Cure by Ann M. Martin
This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick
Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall
Afterward by Jennifer Mathieu
Nemesis by Anna Banks
No Holding Back by Kate Evangelista
The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
Kiss Cam by Kiara London

From Penguin:
Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
The Trials of Apollo by Rick Riordan

Of Fire and StarsThe Secret of a Heart NoteDiplomatic Immunity
Three Dark Crowns (Untitled, #1)Replica

From Harper:
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee
Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
Replica by Lauren Oliver

The Harper drop was where it was this week on EW. I tried to behave myself. I think I did okay. :P

Traded:



Finally got my hands on these lovely ARCs for my collections: The Star-Touched Queen and The Rose and the Dagger x2.

So, look. I was trying to do a favor for a friend and get her a copy of the much-coveted TRATD while also getting myself one, but then she had the same idea and now we each have two copies. I'm going to put my extra up on #booksfortrade. =)

New #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, The Near Witch, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases.

Purchased:



So, of course, I preordered A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. Still haven't gotten my tote bag -- has anyone yet? I also bought the audio because that's how I roll. And let me just say, I loved this sequel even more than ACOTAR.

Library/Gifted:

A very lovely, generous friend gifted me the funds to pay for the non-resident fee to renew my library card at the capital for my birthday and I could not be more thankful! Now, I just have to plan a road trip since they won't let me do so online or over the phone. Kinda ridiculous but it'll be worth it in the end. Plus, I'll get to see my sis. =)



My super amazing friend Sabrina sent me a package for my birthday containing all of the awesome you see above. She knows me so well! Also, I love that she sent me books because my family refuses to buy me books as presents because they're always afraid I already have whatever it is they were considering. In their defense, I probably do. :) Thanks, sweetie, and thanks for being so pushy. ;0)


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Devil and the BluebirdFree to FallVivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:
Currently Reading:

The Square Root of SummerFeatured this book earlier this week, and it's mildly time travelly from what I understand, but so far, it's just quirky with a lot of complicated math. But I like it up to this point...just hoping it all clicks into place for me soon.




Currently Listening:

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)I rushed through all my new audiobooks and then I had nothing new to listen to without surrendering an Audible credit, so I decided to relisten to this series. It's one of the first audiobooks I ever listened to and it's got dragons and cross-dressing girls, so yeah...





Upcoming Reviews:


Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)Outrun the MoonThe Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




6 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week! Way to work the #booksfortrade to get what you want!

    Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books, they look like they will be good reads.

    Grace @ books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a nice haul! I got an ARC of Nemesis at the RT Convention and need to work it into my schedule. Hope you enjoy!
    Here's my StS & Recap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the library card! I've been wanting to read Eon too. Riordan's Apollo!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're going to be busy in the next little while. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great books! I need to get ahold of the Rose and the Dagger. But since I have the first book in hardback, I won't be trying for the ARC of it. :-) I'll be watching for your Have You Seen This Post!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...