Thursday, May 5, 2016



Man, I can't believe it's already May! The kids are [almost] out of school, and summer will soon be upon us. You know what that means! SYNC recently announced the list of audiobook pairings up for grabs this summer, and today is the kick-off of the program for 2016. Here's what you can grab through Wednesday of next week...for free!


This week's YA title is Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle, performed by Julia Whelan for Dreamscape Media.

Add to Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Vivian Apple never believed in the evangelical Church of America, unlike her recently devout parents. But when Vivian returns home the night after the supposed "Rapture," all that’s left of her parents are two holes in the roof. Suddenly, she doesn't know who or what to believe. With her best friend Harp and a mysterious ally, Peter, Vivian embarks on a desperate cross-country roadtrip through a paranoid and panic-stricken America to find answers. Because at the end of the world, Vivan Apple isn't looking for a savior. She's looking for the truth.








This week's classic title is The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial by Peter Goodchild, performed by a full cast for L.A. Theatre Works.

Add to Goodreads
The Scopes Trial, over the right to teach evolution in public schools, reaffirmed the importance of intellectual freedom as codified in the Bill of Rights. The trial, in a small-town Tennessee courtroom in 1925, set the stage for ongoing debates over the separation of Church and State in a democratic society—debates that continue to this day. Peter Goodchild used transcripts from the trial to create this intense docudrama.










Will you be picking up either of these titles? Remember, they're only available through Wednesday, and new titles will be put up on Thursday for download. To download this week's titles, just click here to be taken to the SYNC download page.

I hope you take advantage of this program. I've been doing it for the last few years, and I've had the opportunity to listen to a ton of great audio for free.  If you've never tried audiobooks before, it's a great opportunity to do so without the obligation of buying one that you might not enjoy.  And if you love audiobooks, well, it's a great time to stock up on some titles you may have missed or discover new ones.  Win/win.  =)

Happy listening!


8 comments:

  1. Though not an audio book fan myself, I know a lot of folks that really love them and this sounds like a wonderful program. Thanks for the share... and the potential add to my non-audio wish list. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the program that got me into audiobooks! And it gets better every year. :)

      Delete
  2. I wanted to download Vivian Apple at the End of the World but it's not available in my location. So I'll just try to to get my hands on a physical copy (or maybe ebook, either one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! I'm sorry. I'm listening to it right now and it's a little strange but a good weird, ya know? So, definitely worth checking out when you can. =)

      Delete
  3. OMG. This program sounds amazing! I am going to check it out right now. I love YA books and audio. Do you have to finish them within a certain amount of time? Or can you take as long as you need to listen once you download them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This program is seriously the best! I've discovered so many new books because of it. And they're free! You download them and then you can listen whenever you want, no time limit. But you only have a week to get each week's titles downloaded, so don't delay or you'll miss out! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, the books for this year are absolutely amazing! I saw I'll Give You the Sun, The Sin-Eater's Daughter, On the Jellicoe Road, and many other amazing titles that I cannot wait to listen to! I'm so thankful for this program! I have been taking advantage of it for the last 2 years, and I am so ready to download the titles this year!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's crazy how when I started listening to audio through this program, I hadn't heard or listened to most of the books on offer, but this year, I've already listened to or own the ones that I think most will be excited for. I'm glad you're taking advantage of it, too! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...