Wednesday, July 13, 2016





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








's Pick:



Title: Alex, Approximately
Author: Jenn Bennett
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: April 4, 2017

Add to Goodreads
In this delightfully charming teen spin on You’ve Got Mail, the one guy Bailey Rydell can’t stand is actually the boy of her dreams—she just doesn’t know it yet.

Classic movie buff Bailey “Mink” Rydell has spent half of her junior year falling for a sensitive film geek she only knows online as “Alex.” Two coasts separate them until she moves in with her dad, who lives in the same California surfing town as her online crush.

Faced with doubts (what if he’s a creep—or worse?), Bailey doesn’t tell Alex she’s moved to his hometown. Or that she’s landed a job at the local tourist trap, the oddball Cavern Palace Museum. Or that she’s being tormented daily by Porter Roth, a smart-alecky yet irritatingly hot museum security guard. But when Porter and Bailey are locked in the museum overnight, Bailey is forced to choose whether she should cling to a dreamy fantasy in Alex or take a risk on an imperfect reality with Porter. The choice is both simpler and more complicated than she realizes, because Porter Roth is hiding a secret of his own: Porter is Alex. Approximately.

I absolutely adored The Anatomical Shape of a Heart when I read it last summer. It was the perfect book at the perfect time. I didn't know what to read next and I picked it up on a whim, opened to the middle and fell in love with the passage I read and knew it was going to be my next five star read...and it so was.

So, I think it's fair to say that I've got some exceedingly high expectations for Jenn Bennett's next YA novel. (I also still really, really need to check out her adult stuff.) I love the idea of a geeky online romance and a hate-to-love relationship coinciding without either of the interested parties being made awares. It just sounds like a fun, hot, adorable and problematic situation and I cannot freaking wait!!!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



3 comments:

  1. Just the description of this one makes me smile so I definitely absolutely 10000% need to read this like yesterday.

    great pick!

    Here's my pick for the week :)
    Here is a link to my blogoversary giveaway as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the idea of a teen "You've Got Mail"! I'll have to check this one out. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...