Saturday, July 2, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
Happy 4th of July to all my bookies in the States! I've been looking forward to this weekend for weeks! I love the fireworks, the barbecues, the pool parties. But it also means that I'm that much closer to my mini-vacation! Woot!

This week we got to see what house we were sorted into in Ilvermorny, the US equivalent to Hogwarts. I'm a Ravenclaw through and through, so it makes sense that I got sorted into Horned Serpent over here in the States. Both are scholarly and bookish, and well, you don't get much more bookish or scholarlier (ha!) than me.

I'm undecided as to whether I'd like to see J.K. Rowling write a series based on the Ilvermorny school. It might be too much, a la Cassie Clare not knowing when to stop with her Shadowhunters. But at the same time, I never want the wizardry to end.



Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers:



 Instagram


Big thanks to Random House for both of these titles!

Traded:



Guys. GUYS! I made the most amazing trade this week and completed one of my collections! I now have ALL of the VSchwab ARCs!!! And once my FC of This Savage Song arrives, my collection will be complete complete. =D I also traded for a FC of Cruel Beauty. I have the ARCs of Hodge's books, but I love them so much that I want the FCs, too.

New #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post with some new books up for grabs! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, The Near Witch, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases.

Gifted:



Shout-out to my bestie Sabrina who always sends me the most fabulous packages! :D

Freebies:

Grasshopper Jungle


Another Andrew Smith novel this week! You can grab this title and another from SYNC this week, but only through Wednesday.

Library:

Nothing new this week. Listened to some audiobooks that I'd already borrowed. Renewed some others.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

The Unexpected Everything

Current Giveaways:


Promotional/Discussion Posts:
Currently Reading:

Blood For Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)Dude, this book is going to break me. I can already feel it. But it's SO good. I've already read the first book three times, and I see me doing the same with this sequel/finale.




Currently Listening:

The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy: The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have SummerI'm in the mood for sweet, summery listens, so I'm re-reading The Summer I Turned Pretty and then starting on the next book. April got me these books ages ago, but the best way for me to get to backlist titles is via audio. Still, I love that I have these books on my shelf. Jenny Han's books are just too cute not to.




Recently Read/Needs Review:


A Week of MondaysCaraval (Untitled, #1)Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1)And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1)
The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1)




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




2 comments:

  1. YOu got some great books! I loved Grasshopper Jungle! Can't wait to read some of your reviews you've got coming up.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the BBQ & Fireworks. Looks like you've got some great reviews coming.

    I Make a Big (for me) Decision | Sunday Summary #9

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...