Tuesday, October 27, 2015

{TTT} Books to Keep You Up at Night

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 with 7 comments



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Apparently, they are overly fond of list-making and love to share their bookish lists with the rest of us book nerds.  =) We're game.







This week's topic is a Halloween-themed freebie.
(10 best ghost stories, 10 things that scare you in books, 10 literary Halloween costumes, 10 vampire novels, 10 books that WILL scare you, 10 non-scary books for Halloween, 10 scariest covers, etc.)


Jen's Picks:


I love re-reading some of my favorite creepy reads this time of year, and the snapshot above has it all: aliens, vampires, zombies, red-haired devil boys, magic, ghosts, gargoyles, demons…if you were scared of it as a child, it's included. =)

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - ravens, ghosts, psychics, murder & mayhem
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke - that red-headed devil boy I mentioned
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - magic, a sleepy English town and murder most foul, plus HUMOR
The Diviners by Libba Bray - ghosts, murder, magic, all manner of special abilities
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - zombies!!!
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride - HUMOR and dead things
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - a vengeful ghost and sarcasm to boot
Arclight by Josin L. McQuein - a futuristic nightmare of a story featuring nanobots that utterly creeped me out
The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan - gargoyles and Victorian charm and demons
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - genocidal aliens masquerading as humans
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - scary-ass vampires

And might I recommend the following anthology -- edited by one of my favorite authors -- which just released in August? It's seriously got something horrible for everyone. :P



Other spooky posts here at The Starry-Eyed Revue that might interest you:

Bookish Costume Ideas
Recommended Halloween Reads
Scary Covers and Freaky Reads

What are your favorite books to read at Halloween? Be sure to share a link to your TTT post so we can visit!

And something to amuse you because it always amuses me:





7 comments:

  1. I've only read The Raven Boys and Unspoken from this list, all the others are books I plan to read soon. I can't wait to read Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, it looks so creepy!

    Lizzie @ http://bigbooksandgrandelattes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bunch of these were on my halloween post the other day too (which I posted before I realized the theme for this week haha) but some of these are new to me, and I will definitely check them out!
    here's my ttt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Unspoken! I need to read the rest of the series-and actually need to reread Unspoken before I do, as I have forgotten some bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great book on this list!

    Check out my TTT and my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list! There are some books up there that I definitely need to check out! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read most on your list, nice picks!
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-that-were.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved 5th wave and it was creepy. that series took over my life. great list

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...